Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arklow Peir

Options
  • 26-02-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Arklow Peir

So I was in Arklow on business and noticed the peir so said I would have a gander and check out the area.

Anyone any idea of the lie of the land? I dunno how many peirs are in arklow so I went to the one where I drove down by "Gains" and the dock area.

Whats the fishing off the peir like? which side is best, and whats the stretch of beach like. I might head out for a day there soon if it comes recommended.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

It's spelled "pier".

I've only fished it once and caught a couple of mini-dabs. My conclusing was that it isn't a great sport. However, fishing it is much better than being at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

bpmurray wrote: »
    It's spelled "pier".

I've only fished it once and caught a couple of mini-dabs. My conclusing was that it isn't a great sport. However, fishing it is much better than being at work.

I knew it was spelled pier - dunno why I did that!!!

Anyway - I presume you mean Spot, and not sport!!

True, Fishing is better than work, I'm in work now.....I should be fishing!

Advertisement