Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Snapped Exhaust Manifold Bolts

• 26-02-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

A stressful day today. The exhaust manifold on the bandit had died a few days ago. It was rotten at the collector box. I found a place today who could repair it for me so I had to take it off and bring it to them.

The inevitable happened. 2 of the exhaust manifold bolts snapped in the head ,. A royal pain. I am unable to get them out myself so they will need to go to someone who can do it.

Two questions I guess.

1. Will the two cylinders blow much with just one bolt on the clamp ?
    2. Anybody know somewhere that can take two snapped bolts out for me ?

Many thanks :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Dunno where can take them out, but a quick fix I'm currently using is jubilee clips which I pounded right up to the top of the manifold holding he plates in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

something similar happened with my cbr600... got it on tight with one bolt and then used quick steel putty to try seal the gap which is still working a treat (i drove for a while without and everything ran ok)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Just drilled out 3 broken bolts on my bandit, centre punch the broken bolt, use a carbide tipped drill bit to drill the entire bolt out and retap the thread. Best to take the forks off for access.

And use copperslip on them when refitting. Its a pain of a job but with the right tools its do able.

Advertisement