Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical House Insurance

Options
  • 26-02-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,897 ✭✭✭✭

Guy - anyone any feedback for how much they are paying for house insurance.

250,000 euro Building Sum Insured
    Contents 40,0000

And additional items covered for all risks (rings - bikes - golf clubs - watches these items worth 12,000)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Similar enough circumstances to me. I have one direct €230

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It depends massively on where you live, house type (as well as value) and any other risks. Mine's 320 for a 180,000 rebuild value and 30k contents but as its a terrace (higher risk of it burning down due to someone else's problem but your liability) and on a road that appears on the OPW flood maps (even though it never flooded) it's pushed up.

230-250 is often the floor price in a lot of insurers, as in it won't go below.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,897 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

L1011 wrote: »
    It depends massively on where you live, house type (as well as value) and any other risks. Mine's 320 for a 180,000 rebuild value and 30k contents but as its a terrace (higher risk of it burning down due to someone else's problem but your liability) and on a road that appears on the OPW flood maps (even though it never flooded) it's pushed up.

230-250 is often the floor price in a lot of insurers, as in it won't go below.

North Dublin - Artane.

Advertisement