Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Night Chemist / Pharmacy in Carlow?

Options
  • 26-02-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Just wondering are there any late night chemists/pharmacies in Carlow?

I thought that Kellys Pharmacy would be late night but its not it seems. The two Lloyds Pharmacy's are not either. Sam McCauleys in Fair Green wont be open.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Just wondering are there any late night chemists/pharmacies in Carlow?

I thought that Kellys Pharmacy would be late night but its not it seems. The two Lloyds Pharmacy's are not either. Sam McCauleys in Fair Green wont be open.

Any ideas?
    Too late for tonight but according to their website the Sam McCauley branch in Fairgreen stays open until 9pm on both Thurs and Fri.
    http://www.sammccauley.com/aspx/StoreLocator.aspx
    I don't know of anyone who stays open later.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Too late for tonight but according to their website the Sam McCauley branch in Fairgreen stays open until 9pm on both Thurs and Fri.
    http://www.sammccauley.com/aspx/StoreLocator.aspx
    I don't know of anyone who stays open later.

Ok, good to know anyway. I know there is one open till midnight in Naas if I was really stuck but it ain't that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

isn't there one always on call. caredoc tells you whos on and you ring them to collect. I used it a few years ago with one of the kid's at half one at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

iano.p wrote: »
    isn't there one always on call. caredoc tells you whos on and you ring them to collect. I used it a few years ago with one of the kid's at half one at night.

Yeah, that's what I was after actually. Normally there is a sort of rota between pharmacies and each one takes a turn to open late for about a month and then it goes to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guest7

Tullow Street Pharmacy in Carlow Town (opposite new Napoli pizza take away) is open everyday from 9am to 8pm (Sundays, bank holidays as well).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

guest7 wrote: »
    Tullow Street Pharmacy in Carlow Town (opposite new Napoli pizza take away) is open everyday from 9am to 8pm (Sundays, bank holidays as well).

And Christmas day when I passed it Christmas morning.

yes Christmas day as well... and New Year's Eve and New Year's day they are open too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

And Christmas day when I passed it Christmas morning.

Yes, they did Christmas Day morning from 9am-12pm; the hours they're putting in're incredible and I mean that in general terms & not just during the festive season.

I think their normal hours, which resumed St. Stephens Day morning are 9am-8pm and this'll not change for NYE or NYD.

Which, given that I **think** there's only 2 of them in it (Polish Lady/Indian Man) must be quite exhausting for the pair of them.

He is a spanish not Indian :P and the polish girl and himself are the owners

Advertisement