Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of concentration in school

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Oh ffs. It's a way of recording table points. It's hardly sharing it on facebook.
    You would think so, until you read the terms of service and privacy policy.
    I have...have you?

Yes, what is it you object to therein?

'Social Media

Company may, now or in the future, incorporate certain functions that allow you tointeract with the Service through your accounts on certain supported third party services, such as social networks or network storage sites (“Linked Accounts”), such as with “Like” and “Share” buttons, or similar features. If you choose to use such features, you grant Company permission to access and use your Linked Account for the purpose of processing your requests. Your use of Linked Accounts is subject to the applicable third party terms.'

https://www.classdojo.com/terms/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If you choose to use such features

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Do you seriously think I missed that? There's more... but, who reads that stuff anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I dont know how I came across this thread but when I was a child I had serious difficulties concentrating in class.
    I found the only thing that really helped was a change in learning style.

I wouldnt be getting on his back telling him to concentrate since he is probably not deliberatly daydreaming and it is just going to stress him out. To a child concentration requires concentration. It is a catch 22 situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

Just reading through some of the posts on the thread.
    I would not get caught up in the teachers methods, it seems to be a default response that if any negative feedback about our kids is given that people automatically question the competency of the teacher.

People are saying "cut him some slack he is only 6 etc etc"..
    Look it maybe nothing it might be something but I feel it important that the teacher make parents aware of behaviour that maybe does not fit the norm.
    Kids learn at a phenomenal pace knowing things early can greatly help if perhaps special measures need to be considered.

Teachers will look at the class as a whole, they will see kids who will take to things with ease, there will be a norm or a baseline then you will have kids who maybe struggle.

If your child is struggling it might be an early indication of something like ADHD or dyslexia or it might just be that their development is happening a little later then the rest of the class and in two years they will be on the same level as everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 cry boy cry

Now is the time to seek clarification, would do not harm to get a professional view on it, they then assess the child every two years.

If there is an underlying problem you can deal with it head on. It will also help the to select school support services for your child.

Advertisement