Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunkin Donuts Apologize to LFC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

CSF wrote: »
    There is a section of Liverpool fans people that live in a world that only they understand, where everyone is out to get them, and they need to be offended by everything.

The club people follow doesn't have that big an impact on who they are as human beings. There are lots of people in the world who get offended by pointless things - some of them happen to follow Liverpool, some of them happen to follow Birmingham, some of them happen to follow Real Valladolid, and plenty of them don't follow football at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I haven't seen any Pool fans moaning about this on Boards. I've also noticed that the OP was after midnight. So taking all this into account and also that the only outrage seems to be from Twatter, you'll have to forgive me if I baulk at the indignation of the OP.

What bothers me more is the attempts at point scoring at times when people are meant to be sober tbh.

Point scoring? Indignation? So a post can't be made after midnight? I came across the article then, and I was discussing it with somebody on twitter. I then decided I'd make a thread about it. Hardly a big deal?

I havn't slated any Liverpool fans or anything of the sort. I just gave my opinion on the matter which is what I have to do according to boards rules when making an opening post.

This post is being written at 8:15PM, so I hope that fits well with you're time frame in which posts can be deemed credible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This pc world drives me fcukin nuts, im a liverpool fan and i have no problem with this, people need to relax and take it for what it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

How on earth is anybody suppose to know those flames are for hilsborough, total non story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Oranage2 wrote: »
    How on earth is anybody suppose to know those flames are for hilsborough, total non story!

Well in fairness you would think dd would know something about the team they are sponsoring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Kirby wrote: »
    What makes it a cheap shot though? Is it not just a "shot"? It's a legitimate criticism.

Over sensitivity or political correctness is an issue. It seems everybody is looking to be upset or offended over something. This sort of nonsense should never have gotten this much coverage. It's ridiculous.

Has anyone on here or from the club or anyone you know actually been upset by it. I'd agree if there was public outcry but no one gives a ****e but we are being told we are being precious and oversenstive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Really ?

Did this even merit a thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Really ?

Of course not. It got about 5 posts in the superthread but going on what's being written about us in this one,we're all outraged by what's happened.

Someone's stirring,methinks.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm loving the outrage from some of the usual crew and their 'thankers'.

People on twitter get outraged about loads of things, I think that's the sum total of the conclusions that can be drawn from this. There are countless instances of football fans of many clubs getting outraged about things on twitter but you don't see most too many people using them to have potshots.

Some people need to grow up I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The saying "always offended, never ashamed" is quite apt here.

Sorry if I offended any liverpool fans but the saying means you are always offended by anything relating to Hillsborough but never ashamed of murdering fans in Heysel and is now tagged with your racist support of Suarez with t shirts and ****. Probably some other things that you did but were not ashamed of but those are the ones i aware of.

Seems you cant win tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

dreamers75 wrote: »

Sorry if I offended any liverpool fans but the saying means you are always offended by anything relating to Hillsborough but never ashamed of murdering fans in Heysel and is now tagged with your racist support of Suarez with t shirts and ****. Probably some other things that you did but were not ashamed of but those are the ones i aware of.

Seems you cant win tbh.

Get over yourself and your outrage.

What a terrible post.

Seems you cant win tbh.

Wow, just wow !?

UkCChue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seems you cant win tbh.

Christ, thats quite a warped perspective you're displaying there. I think you need to take a step back...you know that people who follow a club don't actually assume responsibility for others who support that same club, or the club itself, right? If Steven Gerrard goes out and murders someone, i'll not be going to jail for it...

You take offense to a personal attack, you feel shame for a personal action. In the Venn diagram of those two incidents, there are not a lot of people in the intersecting set I imagine. I won't take any personal offense to a Hillsborough comment, i'll get actively pissed off though, as I will if some moron starts badmouthing the Busby Babes. I also don't hold any personal shame for the events at Heysel, awful as they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Get over yourself and your outrage.

What a terrible post.

I am not outraged, seems the the always offended bunch are at Dunkin Donuts......

I am not outraged, seems the the always offended bunch are at Dunkin Donuts......

Who is though.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Seems you cant win tbh.

Dude you just won with that incredible post.
    You can put that one down on the big board of internet victories. The way you brought up the deaths of innocent people to support your point of f**k all was masterful, deft and above all, classy.
    And playing the victim at the end, icing on the cake.

Who do you support btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Any word on the t shirt campaign?

BMMachine wrote: »

Who do you support btw?

St Pats. Couldnt give a **** about english teams* but find it amusing that liverpool fans play the "always offended, never ashamed" card when it suits. Its disgusting.

* will keep an eye on any team that we sold a player to.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Has anyone on here or from the club or anyone you know actually been upset by it. I'd agree if there was public outcry but no one gives a ****e but we are being told we are being precious and oversenstive.

So just because nobody on boards is outraged makes it not a big deal? Laughable. Clearly it was a public outcry if DD felt the need to apologize.
    Really ?

Really? You went out of your way to make a post in something you've no interest in? Good Job.
    Of course not. It got about 5 posts in the superthread but going on what's being written about us in this one,we're all outraged by what's happened.

Someone's stirring,methinks.

not everybody reads the LFC superthread.

So just because nobody on boards is outraged makes it not a big deal? Laughable. Clearly it was a public outcry if DD felt the need to apologize.

Really? You went out of your way to make a post in something you've no interest in? Good Job.

not everybody reads the LFC superthread.

Did anyone from the club respond or any of the supporters groups. Large percentage of fans here and none of them give a ****. That's a good sample size.

St Pats. Couldnt give a **** about english teams* but find it amusing that liverpool fans play the "always offended, never ashamed" card when it suits. Its disgusting.

* will keep an eye on any team that we sold a player to.

Why you commenting on a Liverpool if you couldn't give a **** about them. You that starved of attention.

Did anyone from the club respond or any of the supporters groups. Large percentage of fans here and none of them give a ****. That's a good sample size.

I already linked a person from the JFT96 group having there say.

I laugh at the fact you think that boards is a 'good sample size' of LFC fans compared to twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I already linked a person from the JFT96 group having there say.

I laugh at the fact you think that boards is a 'good sample size' of LFC fans compared to twitter.

Did you read the link ? no complaint was made they said it was embarrassing mistake by dukin donuts

Did you read the link ? no complaint was made they said it was embarrassing mistake by dukin donuts

Did you read the persons quote? They asked did anybody respond....

So someone saying it was a silly mistake is your idea of outrage. You must live in a very angry world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Did anyone official with the club or supporters group or the hillsborough group actually make a complaint or are people worried about what some random people said on the Internet.

From the poster post they asked did anyone official from any source make a complaint, not give a response stop trying to change things around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

CSF wrote: »
    There is a certain section of Liverpool supporters who were always going to make a big deal over something like this alot more than any other club IMO.

It really is no big deal at all and no apology should have been required. If this was a United or a Villa or a Leicester crest there would be no thread. Certain Liverpool fans (a small section) insist on taking everything related to Liverpool sooper dooper seriously.

Yet the thread was started by a non-Liverpool fan (Everton fan no less). Probably after a feed of drink. Jesus grow a brain please.

Having just checked the relevant thread on RAWK it turns out it's not a big deal at all apart from fans hating the Corporate nature of it all.

Seems you cant win tbh.

Congratulations on your life. It must be a fulfilling one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

So someone saying it was a silly mistake is your idea of outrage. You must live in a very angry world.

If you don't want to discuss it, I imagine there is very little compelling you to be here other than the latent erotic urges you feel towards OP.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    If you don't want to discuss it, I imagine there is very little compelling you to be here other than the latent erotic urges you feel towards OP.

Anything of value to add?

Timmyctc wrote: »

Someone has been on the beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Someone has been on the beer.

The whole thing IS a non story, however. Someone at Dunken Donuts didn't do their home work. What must have seemed like a simple thing to do was in fact something that would deeply offend some Liverpool supporters.

They should have done more research into the crest and it's meaning, a simple Google would tell you everything, and then thought about what consequences might arise from certain sections.

I'm sure they simply meant to show their support of the club by copying the crest, but they could have easily avoided the backlash which has now come out.

Silly mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Im wondering now if dd knew exactly what they were doing. Sponsor liverpool, no one gives a damn. Slightly offend the club and their history, but immediately apologise: explosion of publicity for company and club

No publicity is bad publicity.

jebidiah wrote: »
    The whole thing IS a non story, however. Someone at Dunken Donuts didn't do their home work. What must have seemed like a simple thing to do was in fact something that would deeply offend some Liverpool supporters.

They should have done more research into the crest and it's meaning, a simple Google would tell you everything, and then thought about what consequences might arise from certain sections.

I'm sure they simply meant to show their support of the club by copying the crest, but they could have easily avoided the backlash which has now come out.

Silly mistake.

It was a silly mistake. However I would be more annoyed if someone in the marketing department at the club signed off on it rather than just blame Dunkin Donuts. Who probably didn't know any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

One step closer to being done with the Soccer forum after reading this thread. Some absolute scrotes using this as a chance to have a go at Liverpool fans as a whole, again. Suarez. T-shirts. Now who's making a big deal.

State of some of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Grayditch wrote: »
    One step closer to being done with the Soccer forum after reading this thread. Some absolute scrotes using this as a chance to have a go at Liverpool fans as a whole, again. Suarez. T-shirts. Now who's making a big deal.

State of some of you.

more and more im finding it hard to believe that its adults who post such nonsense,how must their brains work to get satisfaction from such childish behaviour..

actually im being harsh on children.

Where did I say she was outraged? I only linked the article when someone asked did the club or JFT96 group say anything. I never said they were outraged so get your facts rights.
    From the poster post they asked did anyone official from any source make a complaint, not give a response stop trying to change things around

I put it in bold for you there, just so you don't have trouble seeing it.

• Advertisement

This thread leaves a bitter taste.

Probably not as bitter as a Doughnut from Drunken Doughnuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

and we're done.

FFS lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement