Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IPhone 6 16 or 64gb

• 27-02-2015 8:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

About to purchase either 16 or 64gb iPhone, I would be interested to hear from 16gb iphone6 users as I am not a heavy user myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

It depends entirely on what you need the extra space for (if at all).

I've a 16GB 6 plus. I've never needed more as my MacBook would be my prime media device (as well as everything else).

I just watch YouTube content, listen to podcasts and Spotify and read on iBooks. Also stream from the videos app on rare occasions.

I only take up a small bit of space with personal photos and videos.

Like me, you might not need the space, but if I choose, I can throw a few albums or video files (smaller files acquired from 'alternative' sources!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I used to have 16gb, but got rid because it had way too little space on it. TBQH, it primarily depends on how you consume music. I still use m4as and couldn't fit my library on it so it made it useless for me, having to pick what I wanted and didn't want on it constantly. However if you consume music via streaming on Spotify or Beats or Pandora then it should be more than sufficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

patmac wrote: »
    About to purchase either 16 or 64gb iPhone, I would be interested to hear from 16gb iphone6 users as I am not a heavy user myself.

16 does me just fine and I'd be a heavy user.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

I'm a 64Gb user. My previous phone was a 16Gb 4 and I found that this was an awfully small place to try to live in.

Now, that said the iPhone is more of a pocket computer that happens to be a phone for me. i.e. I have about 50 apps on it and I play a lot of games on the phone some of which would be over a Gb in size (e.g Infinity Blade II, The Bards Tale etc) and I like to keep a good chunk of my music library on it (I have 6,500 songs on it, I was carrying around an 80Gb iPod Classic from time to time as well as my phone before the upgrade) and a couple of books as well (though these don't take up that much space.

If you are just using it as a phone 16Gb is probably fine.

Advertisement