Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment taken twice

Options
  • 27-02-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi, was in local shop last night filling car with diesel, almost €70. Paid by visa debit however while paying I removed card too early. Was given receipt saying that payment declined and had to do it again. Checked account this morn and €70 taken out twice.
    Any idea on how to resolve this? I've direct debit coming out for roughly same amount on Monday & not enough cash to cover it at moment & don't get paid again for while. Do not want to get hit with a penalty fee & direct debit is for car insurance, don't want to jeopardise my cover.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

InishGael wrote: »
    Hi, was in local shop last night filling car with diesel, almost €70. Paid by visa debit however while paying I removed card too early. Was given receipt saying that payment declined and had to do it again. Checked account this morn and €70 taken out twice.
    Any idea on how to resolve this? I've direct debit coming out for roughly same amount on Monday & not enough cash to cover it at moment & don't get paid again for while. Do not want to get hit with a penalty fee & direct debit is for car insurance, don't want to jeopardise my cover.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi IrishGael, 

Thanks for you for your post.

This sounds like a case of, what we call, ‘Shadow Posting’. 

This can occur if a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale(POS – Transaction with your Visa Debit card in-store, over the phone, or online) after we have authorised it. 

This can also occur if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time. It can take up to five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

No problem, thanks Janette. As long as I know that it'll come back into account and that it'll take few days. I'll make provisions in meantime to cover Mondays Direct Debit.
    Thanks for prompt response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

InishGael wrote: »
    No problem, thanks Janette. As long as I know that it'll come back into account and that it'll take few days. I'll make provisions in meantime to cover Mondays Direct Debit.
    Thanks for prompt response.
    Hi InishGael,

No problem, we're happy to help. If there's any other query we can help you with here please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement