Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase direct debit

Options
  • 27-02-2015 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭

Hi,

On my 365 online account, I want to increase a direct debit payment that has been continually going out the last few months.

How do I increase the payment for this month?

Regards

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

You need to contact the beneficiary, not the bank.

Direct Debits effectively come from the benficiary to your bank....as opposed to a standing order, which is an instruction from you to your bank to pay a certain amount on a certain date each month/year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Chesty08

Thanks for getting in touch with your query.

As exaisle correctly mentions, the amount of the direct debit amount will need to be amended by the Creditor of the payment debiting your account.

If the direct debit is going to a Bank of Ireland Product or Department, can you let us more and we can certainly advise you further.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any further questions. 

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Hi Chesty08

As exaisle correctly mentions, the amount of the direct debit amount will need to be amended by the Creditor of the payment debiting your account.

If the direct debit is going to a Bank of Ireland Product or Department, can you let us more and we can certainly advise you further.

Thanks
    Alison
    The direct debit is with the Credit Union - who advised that I can manage payments online.

For example if my monthly recurring is 150e and for March I want to pay 250e, they said I can go online and update it from 150e to 250e. They provided me with the IBAN / BIC number to do so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Hi Chesty08

Thanks
    Alison
    The direct debit is with the Credit Union - who advised that I can manage payments online.

For example if my monthly recurring is 150e and for March I want to pay 250e, they said I can go online and update it from 150e to 250e. They provided me with the IBAN / BIC number to do so?
    Hi Chesty08,

Thanks for your post.

To query this further please look at the transaction on your account.

If the transaction has DD beside the debit please contact the credit union to amend the amount.

If the transaction has SO (standing order) beside the debit, this can be amended on Banking 365 online in:

- Manage accounts
    - Manage standing orders

I hope this helps, 

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Hi Chesty08

Thanks
    Alison

Hi Chesty08,

Thanks for your post.

To query this further please look at the transaction on your account.

If the transaction has DD beside the debit please contact the credit union to amend the amount.

If the transaction has SO (standing order) beside the debit, this can be amended on Banking 365 online in:

- Manage accounts
    - Manage standing orders

I hope this helps, 

Janette
    Great janette! Thanks I found it

On my BOI loans, they are also SO but there is no option to select these to amend. Is this correct?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Chesty08

Glad to hear you've located the amendment option for Standing Orders online.

That's correct, it's not possible to amend a Standing Order going to a Bank of Ireland Loan. It would be necessary to contact a Customer Advisor within your account holding branch to arrange amendments.

If we can help further, please feel free to get in touch.  

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement