Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you install every game you buy?

• 27-02-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭

I always used to just install every game I bought, then when I was done with it or I needed space I would uninstall it until I wanted to play it again.

However, I thought I was great when I got my new-ish computer with a terrabyte internal HDD and another 250GB internal HDD, so I installed 50/120 games on Steam and of course, I eat my words now. Had to uninstall a lot of them recently, now I have about 15 games installed (all games that I hop on and off from time to time. Yeah, I have a low attention span :P ) I managed to save 400 GB of space - such a relief.

Are there anyone here who are like me?: Install/download every game you buy, regardless if you play it or not? Or do you install/download whichever game you are going to play at that time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

no I only install what I want to play and have some games waiting for when I finish the current one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Just what I play or am planning to play

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've a few hundred games i've never installed, and probably never will. Damn Steam sales :pac:

Seriously though, i tend to just keep the games i'm currently playing, plus some favourites, installed. Steam downloads so quick nowadays, i can have pretty much anything installed within 30 minutes. Downloaded Fallout 3 and NV in about 25 minutes yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Kiith wrote: »
    I've a few hundred games i've never installed, and probably never will. Damn Steam sales :pac:

Seriously though, i tend to just keep the games i'm currently playing, plus some favourites, installed. Steam downloads so quick nowadays, i can have pretty much anything installed within 30 minutes. Downloaded Fallout 3 and NV in about 25 minutes yesterday.

I maintain I will get around to playing the games I wasted money on in the sales! Goat Simulator... One of these days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭abbir

I don't have enough hard disk space for all the games I buy. My games are exclusively on a 3TB drive, it's still nowhere near enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

On PC, hell no. Not enough room and I've got 6TB between 5 drives (4 HDD + 1 SDD).

I am on PS4 (currently 1TB) but I may replace the HDD on the PS3 as 500GB isn't enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I used to, am reconsidering that now as there's TB's taken up by stuff I haven't touched in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

I wouldn't have the space needed to install all my steam games, I usually buy them and not install :P

I usually have MP games installed incase I get the urge to play them, if I had to install every time i wanted to play I would be put off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Skerries wrote: »
    no I only install what I want to play and have some games waiting for when I finish the current one
    I'm exactly the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Well
    Games owned	223

and steamgauge says that it would be...
    and requires 644.8 GB

Add 20GB for WoT, another 10-15 for Lol, 20GB for SC, have a few origin titles. Few old games on CD!(mad, I know).

So no, not gonna be going down that route I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Over the last 7 years, you've spent 5646.4 hours playing this selection, which includes 334 items, is valued at $5304.41, and requires 1398.9 GB

:o

Advertisement