Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 cancelation period

Options
  • 27-02-2015 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm moving into a new house, were taking it over from the OH's Grandmother. She has an Eircom account. We have Vodafone. I have begun the switch over process but Eircom are refusing to cease activity on the line before the 30 day notice period has run its' course. This is after we have agreed to buy out the remainder of the contract.

Vodafone have told me that Eircom could deactivate the line and they could start the change over to them within 2 days.

What I would like to know is why Eircom are being so stubborn on the matter? and who does it benifit? Eircom are going to get their money either way, we haven't moved in because we have no phone on internet. And this behaviour does not make me ever want to switch back to Eircom.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm moving into a new house, were taking it over from the OH's Grandmother. She has an Eircom account. We have Vodafone. I have begun the switch over process but Eircom are refusing to cease activity on the line before the 30 day notice period has run its' course. This is after we have agreed to buy out the remainder of the contract.

Vodafone have told me that Eircom could deactivate the line and they could start the change over to them within 2 days.

What I would like to know is why Eircom are being so stubborn on the matter? and who does it benifit? Eircom are going to get their money either way, we haven't moved in because we have no phone on internet. And this behaviour does not make me ever want to switch back to Eircom.

Thanks
    Hi etloveslsd

Please PM me the eircom account number and I will look in to this matter further

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Thanks Al,

PM sent.

Thanks Al,

PM sent.
    Hi etloveslsd

Can you please PM me a contact number for you and I'll give you a call?

Cheers
    Al

Hi Al, PM sent.

Hi Al, PM sent.
    Hi etloveslsd

Thanks for taking my call - I'll get back to you as soon as I've made progress with this

AL

• Advertisement

Hi Al, PM sent.
    Hi etloveslsd

Thanks for taking my call - I'll get back to you as soon as I've made progress with this

AL
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the call. Any update?

Cheers

Hi Al, PM sent.
    Hi etloveslsd

AL
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the call. Any update?

Cheers
    Hi etloveslsd

Not yet but hope to very soon,

Will update you as soon as possible

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

PM sent