Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will we win on sunday? y/n

Options
  • 27-02-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

so simple question, will we win on Sunday.
    deep in my heart i would love it to be a yes, but i cant get away from the feeling that our season ends this Sunday :(

my answer is a no.
    you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

we shouldn't really have a hope

they have better players in every position and have a better manager

but you just never know - its all on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

no for me

hope we do but i think it will be the latest disappointment in a faltering season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd have to say no as well. Obviously, i hope i'm wrong, but i don't see it happening with the way we are defensively at the moment.

Chelsea will be looking for some payback as well, after the thrashing we gave them last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

If they put in the same performance as they achieved against Arsenal, then yes. It was snarling from the offset.

Defense continues to give away goals no matter who fills in. There's no one you could genuinely rely on.

This final could be the last that several players taste. Sure as hell won't be Chelsea's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Who cares, getting up for Mickey Mouse cup finals is for clubs who have given up hope of anything more meaningful. I'd have taken CL from the Europa or 4th in the Prem over this shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

After last night performance cant see anything but a Chealse win. :(

**** it, my moneys on 2-0 to Tottenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Inquitus wrote: »
    Who cares, getting up for Mickey Mouse cup finals is for clubs who have given up hope of anything more meaningful. I'd have taken CL from the Europa or 4th in the Prem over this shíte.

So would I but it'd be nice to win. Particularly over Chelsea.

I can't see it though, just have a feeling it'll be over by half time. Some day for sport in all fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

I for one care a hell of a lot. I cant tow the line of this being a mickey mouse cup. Likewise with the whole argument about not trying to win the uefa.
    this is the epitome of everything that modern day football has become... preferring not to win a trophies and finish 4th in a league because of the possibility of getting into a qualifying round for a tournament that basically means more money. Ill always love winning trophies being a spurs fan as they are so few and far in between they are that bit more special.

I for one care a hell of a lot. I cant tow the line of this being a mickey mouse cup. Likewise with the whole argument about not trying to win the uefa.
    this is the epitome of everything that modern day football has become... preferring not to win a trophies and finish 4th in a league because of the possibility of getting into a qualifying round for a tournament that basically means more money. Ill always love winning trophies being a spurs fan as they are so few and far in between they are that bit more special.

Modern day football has also seen more meaningless competitions created to maximise revenues. There was a time there was no mickey mouse cup, and the FA Cup actually meant something. Winning a competition noone really cares about is a hollow victory at best. I'd like to see us win against Chelsea, but lets be honest noone will remember who won the "Can't remember the sponsor that year" Cup in a few years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Never mind last night, this week has always been about Sunday, COYS.

Bookies have them odds on and us at 5/1 which is a savage price!

Think I'll have €20 on Chelsea HT Tottenham FT @ 50/1.... :cool::cool:

• Advertisement

Modern day football has also seen more meaningless competitions created to maximise revenues. There was a time there was no mickey mouse cup, and the FA Cup actually meant something. Winning a competition noone really cares about is a hollow victory at best. I'd like to see us win against Chelsea, but lets be honest noone will remember who won the "Can't remember the sponsor that year" Cup in a few years time.

its the league cup and I can remember the last time we won it, and the time before that and believe it or not also the time before that. I also remember winning the UEFA in 84. these trophies were the outstanding memories of my youth as were the FA cup wins... all of which were around a long time before 'modern day' football nd were never 'meaningless competitions'. It really depends on what you see as 'meaningful' and I still believe that winning trophies to be so.

its the league cup and I can remember the last time we won it, and the time before that and believe it or not also the time before that. I also remember winning the UEFA in 84. these trophies were the outstanding memories of my youth as were the FA cup wins... all of which were around a long time before 'modern day' football nd were never 'meaningless competitions'. It really depends on what you see as 'meaningful' and I still believe that winning trophies to be so.

I'd rather see us finish in the top 4 than win a competition no one bar us will remember we won this time next year.

I'd rather see us finish in the top 4 than win a competition no one bar us will remember we won this time next year.
    f*ck everyone else, the game is about the glory and the glory comes with trophies and the joys of celebrating a wembley win with your mates. I have gotten more enjoyment out of us lifting 'meaningless trophies' over the years than I have struggling through a competition that we will never win with the current state of football.... anyway this was meant to be a yes or no thread and we have both digressed.
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well match them, possibly even outplay them for 60 mins but then fatigue will kick in and we'll lose 3 - 0 with their 3rd goal coming in injury time and at least one of the goals will be because of a blunder my someone (almost definitely by Rose)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Before the home game against Chelsea I thought we would get hammered,same when we played Arsenal I thought they would beat us handy.the unexpected happened in both games and we won...we can win again on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

tippspur wrote: »
    Before the home game against Chelsea I thought we would get hammered,same when we played Arsenal I thought they would beat us handy.the unexpected happened in both games and we won...we can win again on Sunday.

Unexpected will happen ..... Spurs 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

ruiseal wrote: »
    Unexpected will happen ..... Spurs 2-1

I'm whit ya on the 2-1, with Kane to get the winner.

I can remember back to the FA Cup Final in 1962, 3-1 V Burnley, (and I can name the team), and believe me, it's all about trophies. I'll take a cup on Sunday before 5th place in the League any day. That'll be meaningful for me.

Well match them, possibly even outplay them for 60 mins but then fatigue will kick in and we'll lose 3 - 0 with their 3rd goal coming in injury time and at least one of the goals will be because of a blunder my someone (almost definitely by Rose)

Lamela?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

good luck spurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Thinking it will be a Chelsea easy win but if we show the same fighting spirit as the arsenal and Chelsea lge games you never know, we could get a result.. 2:1 Kane and chadli

More chance of all our back4 making horrific individual errors leading to goals and sending's off , rose being the weakest link.very closely followed by Fazio:-(

davycc wrote: »
    Thinking it will be a Chelsea easy win but if we show the same fighting spirit as the arsenal and Chelsea lge games you never know, we could get a result.. 2:1 Kane and chadli

More chance of all our back4 making horrific individual errors leading to goals and sending's off , rose being the weakest link.very closely followed by Fazio:-(

Rose isn't as bad as people keep saying and fazio won't play

mickman wrote: »
    Rose isn't as bad as people keep saying and fazio won't play

Hopefully Fazio won't be near the team was and the same for rose..
    2 brain dead Muppets imho. Big clear out needed in the summer. Soldado ,lamella,paulonho, Ade,vlad, walker , Andros, off the top of my head , kaboul too.

good luck spurs

Thanks Johnny we are going to need it!

davycc wrote: »
    Hopefully Fazio won't be near the team was and the same for rose..
    2 brain dead Muppets imho. Big clear out needed in the summer. Soldado ,lamella,paulonho, Ade,vlad, walker , Andros, off the top of my head , kaboul too.

rose is our first choice left back

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Its Capitol One Cup Final EVE !!!
    Whats not to love about it ????
    As i said in a previous post...WE tend to surprise ourselves in the opposite way everyone else surprises themselves..
    I didnt expect to beat Chelsea and Arsenal but did expect to beat Fiorentina and get something up at Anfield. AND WE GOT THE OPPOSITE !!!
    Plus All the young Brits will be playing tomorrow !!
    All on the bench Thursday, so these lads will be chomping atthe bit ( just like me)..

Kane 7/1 1st Scorer
    Eriksen 12/1
    Chadli 14/1
    Lamela 16/1
    Dembele 18/1 (NAP).
    Townsend 18/1 ..will start and take a peno.
    Vertonghen up for a corner 50/1
    Rose 50/1 overlapping when Eriksen cuts inside !!!!

JASUS I CANT WAIT...

4th spot ?????

Ahhhhhh Hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Leaveeeeeeeeeee it OUUUUUUUUUUUUU !

The game is ALL about the GLORY !!!!

Audere Est Facere !!!

Spurs 2-1 is 16/1
    Spurs 5-3 is 500/1.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I think we will take them to extra time at least.

Its Capitol One Cup Final EVE !!!
    Whats not to love about it ????
    As i said in a previous post...WE tend to surprise ourselves in the opposite way everyone else surprises themselves..
    I didnt expect to beat Chelsea and Arsenal but did expect to beat Fiorentina and get something up at Anfield. AND WE GOT THE OPPOSITE !!!
    Plus All the young Brits will be playing tomorrow !!
    All on the bench Thursday, so these lads will be chomping atthe bit ( just like me)..

Kane 7/1 1st Scorer
    Eriksen 12/1
    Chadli 14/1
    Lamela 16/1
    Dembele 18/1 (NAP).
    Townsend 18/1 ..will start and take a peno.
    Vertonghen up for a corner 50/1
    Rose 50/1 overlapping when Eriksen cuts inside !!!!

JASUS I CANT WAIT...

4th spot ?????

Ahhhhhh Hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Leaveeeeeeeeeee it OUUUUUUUUUUUUU !

The game is ALL about the GLORY !!!!

Audere Est Facere !!!

Spurs 2-1 is 16/1
    Spurs 5-3 is 500/1.;)

Yes Devo if ya dont get exited about this there is something wrong with ya. Its a cup final.

For some reason I always struggle with the Europa thingy (wouldn't complain if we won it either).

I'm just trying to decide where to watch it cos the Rugby won't be over til 4.30 approx and it could be a struggle to get to see the first half and the build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone's thinking of doing a bet on the game, Paddy Power is doing a special. If you do first/last goal scorer, anytime scorer, correct score and you dont win but the game ends in a draw then PP will also pay out on the result of the extra time. So if ya do Spurs to win 2-1 and the game is 1-1 at ninety mins but Spurs win 2-1 in extra time you win. I think the anytime scorer bet special is best.

"Applies to correct score, first goalscorer, last goalscorer and anytime goalscorer markets"

Advertisement