Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beck cork june 16th

Options
  • 27-02-2015 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

Beck will play the Marquee Cork on June 16! Tickets on sale Friday, March 6 at 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Happy f'ing days!

Hotel booked already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Any word of a Dublin date or will they only announce that after Cork has sold a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Hopefully dublin gig goes ahead . Amazing at electric picnic last year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

He was awesome at EP....definitley going to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

€57 plus booking fee is a huge ticket price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Peter File wrote: »
    €57 plus booking fee is a huge ticket price

Not really

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

BECK & Guests Radiohead's JONNY GREENWOOD & LC Orchestra ROYAL HOSPITAL KILMAINHAM JUNE 17TH Tkts €57.50 Inc BFee On Sale This Friday, 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Decided to with his Cork gig as opposed to Dublin...I saw him back in the day at Witnness in 2000 well worth seeing again!

Decided to with his Cork gig as opposed to Dublin...I saw him back in the day at Witnness in 2000 well worth seeing again!

that was a great gig, i remember everybody throwing up the coke cups and beck said' i wanted to stop the show and just watch you guys'

peteeeed wrote: »
    that was a great gig, i remember everybody throwing up the coke cups and beck said' i wanted to stop the show and just watch you guys'

Yes it was great i have a vague memories of him coming out with yellow warning tape wrapping it everywhere on stage.

• Advertisement

Yes it was great i have a vague memories of him coming out with yellow warning tape wrapping it everywhere on stage.

yeah thats right

I'm looking forward to this now as that was 15 years ago (shock-horror)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I remember that Witnness set. I seem to remember he also said we were the craziest crowd he had ever seen and I can imagine a guy like Beck has seen some crazy crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

He did that at electric picnic last year, must be a fairly regular thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stucat94

Anyone have any idea who's supporting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

stucat94 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea who's supporting?

Seems a bit strange that the ticket prices are the same in dublin and cork seeing as there's the 'extra' Jonny Greenwood in Dublin. Am I reading that right!

+how does anybody feel about Beck being a scientologist! ...

O Emperor announced as supporting act, decent band from Waterford! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Gebgbegb wrote: »

+how does anybody feel about Beck being a scientologist! ...

Never knew that!! Disappointing to hear though

Never knew that!! Disappointing to hear though

he's a 2nd generation Scientologist as is his wife , the ginger one from dazed and confused

Ribisi_Dazed_and_Confused.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone go tonight? I might be going to tge Dublin gig tomorrow and wondering what to expect? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I thought he was excellent, but was only on stage about 1 hour max.

Started strong, then meandered into some new album stuff, then blew it away with some of the big tracks for the last 2 or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

The sound was a bit off at the start and there were spikes of feedback throughout the set that seemed to happen whenever Beck was simultaneously singing and playing guitar.

I thought the whole show was a bit too rehearsed and by the numbers. There were times when I thought the band would just cut loose for a jam for a minute or two and they reined it back in. When they did go for it, the crowd really responded and show ended on a high for the last 3 songs.

What were the stage times last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

I missed O Emperor but it sounded like they were just finishing up as I was heading in at around 8:40.

Don't know exactly but I think it was around 9:20/9:25 that Beck came on stage.

He was great. Crowd was a bit dead to begin with (boggled my mind the lack of reaction to Devils Haircut as an opener) but once he played Loser they finally got into it. I don't think it was the new songs that caused the lull, it was a few of the lesser known tracks back to back.
    I loved it though, perfect mix for me as I saw the greatest hits set at electric picnic last year and wanted it mixed up a bit. Time bomb, Gamma ray and Beercan were nice surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

gimmick wrote: »
    I thought he was excellent, but was only on stage about 1 hour max.

Seriously €60 and he was only on for 1 hour?

I hope he plays more than an hour tonight. Maybe with it being the first date of the tour there were some teething problems and everything started a little late.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'd say he played for at least an hour and a half.

It was about an hour and 15-20 minutes. He came on around 9.15, finished around 10.35

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hmm, I thought he didn't start until 9.30ish?

Never mind then :o

Advertisement