Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beck cork june 16th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yeah it was about 80 - 85 mins by my watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

BadTurtle wrote: »
    He was great. Crowd was a bit dead to begin with (boggled my mind the lack of reaction to Devils Haircut as an opener) but once he played Loser they finally got into it. I don't think it was the new songs that caused the lull, it was a few of the lesser known tracks back to back.
    I loved it though, perfect mix for me as I saw the greatest hits set at electric picnic last year and wanted it mixed up a bit. Time bomb, Gamma ray and Beercan were nice surprises.

Yeah, he went straight into it with Devil's Haircut and there was a muted reaction! :confused::confused: Delighted he played Beercan - that was an unexpected surprise. Loved Lost Cause too. I really enjoyed the gig but I think a lot of the crowd werent that familiar with his stuff or were just there for Loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

good gig but surprised he didn't play sexx laws. i thought it was nearly a standard part of his set near the end

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

good gig but surprised he didn't play sexx laws. i thought it was nearly a standard part of his set near the end

he played it in dublin the following night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I thought he was great - but yeah the crowd took a while to warm up.
    I'd love to see him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I would say he was better at the picnic (think he played for slightly longer and we got Debra, Sexx Laws and Girl) because the crowd, whether the majority knew the songs well or not, were into it from the first minute til the last, and he was clearly feeding off the energy. Can be a bit disheartening playing some of your best work for some people who are only there because they won tickets and have no real interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Peter File wrote: »
    €57 plus booking fee is a huge ticket price

Beck is playing in London next week. Tickets start at £15 and go to £22.50.

Advertisement