Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Sullane pike?

Options
  • 27-02-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Anybody know does the river Sullane in Macroom hold a decent stock of pike?
    I saw a decent size pike down there last summer in low water but i dont know if theyre there in any numbers.

Would it be worth going down with a few deadbaits to fish for them or are there not many there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I find the lower down the better as they come up from the lake where the river joins , I had a good few small pike up to 4/5lb while trout fishing with a minnow

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Ya it was down around the bottom of the river i saw that one i mentioned.Ill try it out, thanks popsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Only fished it once last year on the fly and I got a few follows but no take

Let me know how ya get on I would be interested in trying the fly again for one

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Before the Euros ate the whole bloody lot Pike could be caught up to the bridge, beyond to probably. The numbers and size are way down from what it was 12-15yrs ago, whats a decent size pike now ? Its a good spot for big trout too.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

stylie wrote: »
    Before the Euros ate the whole bloody lot Pike could be caught up to the bridge, beyond to probably. The numbers and size are way down from what it was 12-15yrs ago, whats a decent size pike now ? Its a good spot for big trout too.

The one i spotted was between 8-10 pounds.Not a bad size.Im going to get down over the next couple of weeks and try for them, ill let ye know how i get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

stylie wrote: »

Mod: User banned for this comment

Advertisement