Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally... an Irish IPF affiliate

Options
  • 27-02-2015 2:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Great news for the sport in Ireland.

We're on the verge of having a federation recognised by the biggest and best fed world wide in powerlifting.

https://www.facebook.com/irishpowerliftingfed

But there'll be no world records being broken any time soon here... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Will lifters from IPO be allowed to compete with IPF?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

CWF wrote: »
    Will lifters from IPO be allowed to compete with IPF?

You'd have to ask the IPF about that.

I'd be surprised if they weren't.

As far as I know there's no international directive from the IPF forbidding it.

It's just the IDFPA / WDFPF have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Squatman

idfpa should be allowed in, as far as i recall, they only banned membership in non tested feds. open to correction but id say it would be ok (although frowned upon... lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Squatman wrote: »
    idfpa should be allowed in, as far as i recall, they only banned membership in non tested feds. open to correction but id say it would be ok (although frowned upon... lol)

So IPO aren't allowed in then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Squatman wrote: »

I'd imagine provided the IrishPF drug test, the IDFPA won't have a problem with dual affiliation since there's nothing against it.
    CWF wrote: »
    So IPO aren't allowed in then?

In the IDFPA/WDFPF you can have your membership revoked for competing in a non tested fed, like the IPO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement