Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Butcher In City Center

• 27-02-2015 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭

I've gotten more and more into cooking lately and I'm starting to get tired of some of the usual stuff you get in the likes of Aldi and Dunnes. When a recipe calls for realy good quality meat I'd like to use the best I can. Can anyone recommend a good butchers in the city center? I mean a proper butchers where you can let them know what you want and they'll chat with youa nd help you get the best cut for what you're tyring to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

squonk wrote: »
    I've gotten more and more into cooking lately and I'm starting to get tired of some of the usual stuff you get in the likes of Aldi and Dunnes. When a recipe calls for realy good quality meat I'd like to use the best I can. Can anyone recommend a good butchers in the city center? I mean a proper butchers where you can let them know what you want and they'll chat with youa nd help you get the best cut for what you're tyring to do?

I like O'Connells on Little Catherine Street! Great quality meat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

For beef the best in town is O'Connor's on William Street close to Foxes Bow, they slaughter their own cattle and can get you any cut you want, some of the more unusual cuts may take a few days as they do the preliminary butchering in Raheen. Their Rib Eye steak is absolutely phenomenal. It's usually Hereford or angus beef.
    For Pork O'Connell's on Little Catherine Street is very good.
    I generally go to Garret's in Raheen for my lamb, obviously that's not in town but I haven't found product as good anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Seamus Butler top of William street going there for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Best chicken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Skuxx wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Best chicken?

As long as it doesn't poison you it's grand, you'll never get a good chicken in Ireland, butchers just buy in chickens anyway, it's not really a butcher's thing.
    Unfortunately a supermarket is probably the best place to buy a chicken because it will have a use by date on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Skuxx wrote: »
    +1 too! Fab sausages..Ahernes on Roches St have superb meat, pricey but excellent cuts, Saddlers on same St for chicken

Advertisement