Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Bill Overcharged

Options
  • 27-02-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I signed up to Eircom in December and received my first bill by post on 14th January. The total of the bill came to €94.42, which included Part Period Billing, which I understand. What I can't understand is why I was charged a flat rate of 41.05 before VAT, when I signed up to a deal that came to €38 after VAT.

I have contacted customer care, was told it would take 10 working days to get a call back about this (does it take 10 working days to check someones account?), and I have yet to receive a call about this. I have contacted your support team by forum on the Eircom site, and are claiming I'm not being overcharged.

I have since recevied a second bill, and once again I was overcharged. coming in at €43 after VAT. I have been told that I am being credited €30 for this, and that will come into affect in my next bill.

Can someone please explain to me why I was charged 41.05 before VAT on my first bill, and 34.96 before VAT on my second bill, and your customer service team can't seem to understand what is wrong with that.

I was initially promied a callback, and have requested about 10 since.

I have reported this to ComReg, and will be cancelling my direct debit if this issue is not resolved immediately, it has been ongoing for 6 weeks now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Macca07 wrote: »
    Hello,

I signed up to Eircom in December and received my first bill by post on 14th January. The total of the bill came to €94.42, which included Part Period Billing, which I understand. What I can't understand is why I was charged a flat rate of 41.05 before VAT, when I signed up to a deal that came to €38 after VAT.

I have contacted customer care, was told it would take 10 working days to get a call back about this (does it take 10 working days to check someones account?), and I have yet to receive a call about this. I have contacted your support team by forum on the Eircom site, and are claiming I'm not being overcharged.

I have since recevied a second bill, and once again I was overcharged. coming in at €43 after VAT. I have been told that I am being credited €30 for this, and that will come into affect in my next bill.

Can someone please explain to me why I was charged 41.05 before VAT on my first bill, and 34.96 before VAT on my second bill, and your customer service team can't seem to understand what is wrong with that.

I have reported this to ComReg, and will be cancelling my direct debit if this issue is not resolved immediately, it has been ongoing for 6 weeks now.
    Hello Macca07

Once the issues is reported to comreg I'm afraid I will be unable to investigate as cases refered by comreg are treated as prioiry and must be dealt with via the offical complaints process. As is with official complaints You will be contacted within 10 working days or reporting to comreg.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Macca07 wrote: »
    Hello,

Hello Macca07

Once the issues is reported to comreg I'm afraid I will be unable to investigate as cases refered by comreg are treated as prioiry and must be dealt with via the offical complaints process. As is with official complaints You will be contacted within 10 working days or reporting to comreg.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

So I have to wait a further 2 weeks before someone will contact me? This is ongoing for over 4 weeks now, all I want is a callback to discuss my original complaint, as I was initially promised when I made the complaint.

Advertisement