Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diy - It There a Preferred Brand -Nic, PG, VG

Options
  • 27-02-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Is there preferred brands for Nicotine , PG base and VG base , or are they all pretty much the same ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Jonski,

From my limited knowledge, for PG/VG it has to be Pharma grade and not Food grade so i would imagine if it says Pharma grade it would be fine.

Nicotine on the other hand i am still looking into. There has to be differences between products. Just because it is cheap does not make it a good buy i think.

I am looking to pick up a litre of Nic at some point, but all i have is comments on the Vaping forums to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Jonski,

From my limited knowledge, for PG/VG it has to be Pharma grade and not Food grade so i would imagine if it says Pharma grade it would be fine.

Nicotine on the other hand i am still looking into. There has to be differences between products. Just because it is cheap does not make it a good buy i think.

I am looking to pick up a litre of Nic at some point, but all i have is comments on the Vaping forums to go by.

Yeah , this is what I have been thinking , there must be some differences or can it be purely down to the flavouring .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

jonski wrote: »
    Yeah , this is what I have been thinking , there must be some differences or can it be purely down to the flavouring .

There must be different quality grades in the process to extract Nicotine.

I do not know this, but the vendors just state its mg per ml percentage and if it is PG or VG.

I wish more information was included in the description such as where the nicotine was extracted from, what company does the extracting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Anybody know the best place to get concentrates from in Ireland ? looking for Red Astaire & Heisenberg

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

^^ezsmoke do t-juice concentrates, Red Astaire seems to fly off the shelves though.

I got a litre of 'vapebase' nic through the door today that I saw people recommend here. The racist in me had the hunch that seeing as it it's German it should be alles gut ja despite the cheap price. German efficiency etc.

No childproof cap though which was a big surprise. Bad form imo. Instead I got a children's packet of Haribo gummy bears in the box. Er, thanks, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shhkip

Anybody tried Avoria bases?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

moonboy52 wrote: »
    There must be different quality grades in the process to extract Nicotine.

I don't specifically know what the story us with the different nicotine products in the vape industry, but when talking pharmaceuticals there is usually no variation in purity or quality of an active ingredient.

An example, paracetamol. You can buy panadol for a fiver or you can buy the same amount for 1 euro with no brand name. There will be no difference whatsoever in the effectiveness or quality of the paracetamol.

I'm pretty sure the same will apply to nicotine but I'm going to do some more reading on it and I'll relay anything interesting I find.

Advertisement