Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good value STOCKBROKER which is easy to register with and has cheap fees

Options
  • 27-02-2015 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

so I've been looking for a while and have found nothing reasonable.

I wanted to register with Zecco but they where brought over by TradeKing which stipulated that you must have an american Address.. as i remember it anyways..

Importantly they where the best value I found and that set back held me up for around 4 years.. useless determination on my behalf..

importantly i'm looking to start seriously with an eye on medium-longterm investments... with the odd short term// penny share undertaking to keep the blood jumping.

I'm not interested in spread betting companies like I.G and the likes.. to much factors playing and I am not a full time investor.. you should have guest.

So any help or if anyone would like to join me for motivational and learning reasons, your input is appreciated and if you really do want to contact me and we make a group of "casual traders" I'm more than happy,, just pm me or something..

thanks for looking.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 no_car

saxo uk are good value and have a trading platform which is second to none

TD investing have terrible customer service but if you know what your doing online , they are extremely cheap

avoid goodbodies and davy like the plague

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Have a read of this recent topic qet, should help you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93823285

• Registered Users Posts: 5 qet

no_car.. soo true.. goodbody are absolute scammers..

ill look into them, but i think i looked into TD before.. i'm pretty sure they had some prerequisite which i wasn't prepared to meet , but we shall see.

thanks cute_hore , no i didn't see it ,but looking through it I think the topic needs rejuvenating.

Also if anyone knows a good Stockbroker that will give me access to asian markets.. india and china mainly..
    Just so i am clear.. America is my aim for my main trading and this thread should get to the bottom of this... asia is a side thing or at least an option.

thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 paisley2

qet wrote: »
    Also if anyone knows a good Stockbroker that will give me access to asian markets.. india and china mainly..
    Just so i am clear.. America is my aim for my main trading and this thread should get to the bottom of this... asia is a side thing or at least an option.
    thanks for the help.
    Hi get
    You need to decide are you trading just the US markets or global markets, this will determine the best broker to use. IMHO the best brokers are in the US, plus that market has the liquidity and transparency to give you a fair chance. The US market is too big and too fast to manipulate on an on-going basis. I recommend you concentrate on the US and if required you can gain access to India, China, EU etc using US listed country specific ETF's. How large an account are you talking about? This will also determine which broker to go with.

where not talking huge.. < 1000 starting with and increasing as i go.

as i said i'm mainly interested in America. but if anyone has a good asian company they would like to share , i would like to hear it.

IMHO? can you link me , i'm only getting the website mortgageholders .ie

• Advertisement

anyone else any info for a freshy , with not too much money??

im trying to work within my means..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 willwe

Ive been looking at Sommerville Advisory Markets sam.ie but they seem to be the SAXO bank. anyone used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Il Principe

I've been recommended to use Sommerville also (sam.ie) from a very reliable source. Looks like i will open an account with them. You are basically using Saxo Banks's platform.

Advertisement