Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas Questions

Options
  • 27-02-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Anyone know what is happening at the end of Donnybrook Hill? Appears to be a major pipe burst that they are working on for the last three days now... Or is it something else...

And as I asked a question about Douglas, heres another one...

Anyone know the reason why the main shutter in Porters in Douglas Court is down long term? There is a notice on it saying it is broke and apoligising for any inconvience but its been like that since before Xmas so that is a long time to be broke.
    I asked the staff but they just shrug...

Im kinda curious today !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭batnolan

Burst waterpipe happened on Wednesday (I think) and the next morning it was still going. On the 206 and there were 6 men on the phone.

With Porter's the shutter is probably down due to pickpockets would be my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

drove up the hill wednesday evening around 4pm, there was water flowing out of the one at the end by shamrock lawn and flowing down the hill and pooling at the corner, there was also water flowing out of the drain outside the door of the hairdressers/shop (formally known as dailys) there were 6-8 council guys standing around watching it.

when i passed back at some stage after 6. they were still standing around watching it.

Porters is claiming broken shutter, i'm guessing they don't have the money to get it fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The_Banker wrote: »
    Anyone know what is happening at the end of Donnybrook Hill? Appears to be a major pipe burst that they are working on for the last three days now... Or is it something else...

And as I asked a question about Douglas, heres another one...

Anyone know the reason why the main shutter in Porters in Douglas Court is down long term? There is a notice on it saying it is broke and apoligising for any inconvience but its been like that since before Xmas so that is a long time to be broke.
    I asked the staff but they just shrug...

Im kinda curious today !

Donnybrook Hill? Because it is being repaired by council staff and we all know how productive they are :rolleyes:.

The shutter in Porters, probably because Porters don't have the money after paying their usual tax bill to pay the wages of the afore mentioned council workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I was wondering what the story with the shutter in Porters, they told someone they were waiting on a part from England, which does not sound right, a shutter is hardly complicated,
    Have a look at the till aswell it says welcome to Easons on it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

bladebrew wrote: »
    I was wondering what the story with the shutter in Porters, they told someone they were waiting on a part from England, which does not sound right, a shutter is hardly complicated,
    Have a look at the till aswell it says welcome to Easons on it?!

Easons took them over a few months ago. No idea why the shutter is still down.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

kub wrote: »
    Donnybrook Hill? Because it is being repaired by council staff and we all know how productive they are :rolleyes:.

The shutter in Porters, probably because Porters don't have the money after paying their usual tax bill to pay the wages of the afore mentioned council workers.
    council are not responsible for that-water board are .have you heard about the crowd that set up water charges think they are called Irish Water:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Easons took them over a few months ago. No idea why the shutter is still down.
    apparently its broken :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

council are not responsible for that-water board are .have you heard about the crowd that set up water charges think they are called Irish Water:rolleyes:

Pretty sure the councils are still contracted to do repairs by Irish Water but I'm open to correction...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

moyners wrote: »
    Pretty sure the councils are still contracted to do repairs by Irish Water but I'm open to correction...

they must be, it was 100% a cork county council van and men with Cork coco high vis vest's on when i saw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

That's right they are indeed called Irish Water, who currently get local authority crews out to do repair works.
    Touched a nerve did I ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

batnolan wrote: »
    With Porter's the shutter is probably down due to pickpockets would be my guess.

+1 on this, no other reason I can see. That place is doing a good trade, doubt money is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

saw that the last few times in there, was thinking they same. they are really open there.... Still remember years ago walking from there into the record shop with a pack of PK gum in my hand it was those mini 5 packs ones. I was like OMG ive shoplifted but it was so easy to loose track.. I very sneakily went back and put it back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

The shutter is back up in Porters, the lotto machines are not changed over to scan the new tickets yet so it's still out of order,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

bladebrew wrote: »
    The shutter is back up in Porters, the lotto machines are not changed over to scan the new tickets yet so it's still out of order,

You mean Easons? You know Easins bought Porters & they have started to sell Easons branded items already. Only a matter of time till they change the sign I'd say.

Also I see Rooster Pil Pil has a sign up on the building next to Lal Quila, but the building still looks like someone's house!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

You mean Easons? You know Easins bought Porters & they have started to sell Easons branded items already. Only a matter of time till they change the sign I'd say.

Also I see Rooster Pil Pil has a sign up on the building next to Lal Quila, but the building still looks like someone's house!

Is that just take away so?

I tried Apache yesterday for the first time...
    All large pizzas are just €9.99. great value compared to Dominoes/4 Star in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

burst water pipe.........................nothing to do with the council anymore. Ring Irish Water

Advertisement