Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby under 20's

• 27-02-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

How come it's not in Athlone tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Yes. All rugby players and supporters are from Dublin 4 and are arseholes.

Ho you know what part of D4 Robbie Henshaw is from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Yes. All rugby players and supporters are from Dublin 4 and are arseholes.

Ho you know what part of D4 Robbie Henshaw is from?

Apparently Buccaneers were "lucky" to have one match there this year. Its a bit of a joke really. After all the money spent upgrading the pitch in athlone and then this happens. I wish the IRFU would look outside of Dublin more for hosting these games. Athlone had been hosting the u20 home games for many years and it was always a success.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Malachy, don't make unhelpful and insulting comments like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

athlonelad wrote: »
    Apparently Buccaneers were "lucky" to have one match there this year. Its a bit of a joke really. After all the money spent upgrading the pitch in athlone and then this happens. I wish the IRFU would look outside of Dublin more for hosting these games. Athlone had been hosting the u20 home games for many years and it was always a success.

I should have stated that I loved the fact that they are in Athlone and think they should be held in Athlone and further afield. It's good that the players get to see more than the city too, my comments were aimed at Malachy's stupid comment. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but the lads over on the rugby forum will know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

It's to do with the new artificial pitch at donnybrook. So if there is a wet week in dubarry Pk with a 20s match on the Fri the pitch could be in rag order, but on the artificial one no problem.
    But agree that it is nice to have matches outside of d4 as a tool to improve its brand.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

Angron wrote: »
    Malachy, don't make unhelpful and insulting comments like that.

I hope this is not directed at me, because I have not made any comment on this thread til this one, insulting or otherwise. Can't be letting my good name be tarnished, even if inadvertently. :confused:

Advertisement