Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Jobs

Options
  • 27-02-2015 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone had any inside or second hand knowledge of the civil service in the city. I've passed an interview for the clerical officer competition.

Are there many TCOs in Galway and are there likely to be many vacancies when recruitment kicks in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Fooker wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone had any inside or second hand knowledge of the civil service in the city. I've passed an interview for the clerical officer competition.

Are there many TCOs in Galway and are there likely to be many vacancies when recruitment kicks in?
    I applied for that too but haven't got called. Do you mind me asking in or around what number you were? Was it over 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    I applied for that too but haven't got called. Do you mind me asking in or around what number you were? Was it over 100?

I rang up this week and they haven't called anyone yet. My number was over 200, but I will rise on the basis of the tests I did for the Dublin region.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Yeah there seems to be a fair few places in Dublin. I applied for Galway/Clare, Mayo/Roscommon and Longford/Leitrim/Sligo. Not my brightest move. Should have done Dublin too. Not really expecting anything to show up in these areas, at least you have an interview done.

Advertisement