Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyowen Castle Primary Care Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

"Stick out"? It's in a sea of white semi-Ds, it's not the Champs Elysee. What with the objections to Mao opening a restaurant elsewhere in Lucan, we'd all better get used to driving everywhere because there's going to be nothing within walking distance.

hmmm wrote: »
    "Stick out"? It's in a sea of white semi-Ds, it's not the Champs Elysee. What with the objections to Mao opening a restaurant elsewhere in Lucan, we'd all better get used to driving everywhere because there's going to be nothing within walking distance.

It's a four story building going the length of the current car park. Then add in the reduced car parking and potential increase of traffic.

There has to be better spots in the area like beside junction of foxborough and griffen where the pylons start.

There is already two medical centers at ballyowen castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

It's not just a medical center though, it will replace the very outdated clinic at sarsfield park, as well as housing the community OT's, physios, nurses, midwives etc.. And I'm sure I heard that the HSE rooms in Rosse Court will be moving over, though I can't remember where I heard that or if it's true. True it may not be the most ideal location, but it's a much needed service to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

My biggest problem with its proposed location is the potential increase in traffic in the area. It's already chronic with eurospar, lidl traffic, lob in a new post office at eurospar and a medical centre and it has the potential to be a disaster around there.

The PP includes a new exit onto the castle road, so wonder where that will be , maybe through the LIDL car park?? they might want to get those 2 sets of traffic lights in sync though first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Fagashlil wrote: »
    The PP includes a new exit onto the castle road, so wonder where that will be , maybe through the LIDL car park?? they might want to get those 2 sets of traffic lights in sync though first!

The Lidl car park doesn't adjoin Castle Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

According to the plans the new exit will be at the side of the car park closest to Colthurst, tight against the boundary wall.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    According to the plans the new exit will be at the side of the car park closest to Colthurst, tight against the boundary wall.

Can't open the link on the plans for some reason. I genuinely never realised it was still the castle road the other side of the traffic lights!

It doesn't really make sense tk have 2 exits on the same road, especially with the sequence of those lights.

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Can't open the link on the plans for some reason. I genuinely never realised it was still the castle road the other side of the traffic lights!

It doesn't really make sense tk have 2 exits on the same road, especially with the sequence of those lights.

You need to install the plugin to view the plans. The proposed new exit will be for a left turn only to go up to the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

foreign wrote: »
    It's a four story building going the length of the current car park. Then add in the reduced car parking and potential increase of traffic.

There has to be better spots in the area like beside junction of foxborough and griffen where the pylons start.

There is already two medical centers at ballyowen castle.

There is already a medical centre at that junction in Griffeen.

• Advertisement

There is already a medical centre at that junction in Griffeen.

Where, by the shops? I'm suggesting here.

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,704581,733356,7,10

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Where, by the shops? I'm suggesting here.

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,704581,733356,7,10

There is a school there and more than likely the rest is for when it expands. It's a bottle neck also and can't have it any worst

There is a school there and more than likely the rest is for when it expands. It's a bottle neck also and can't have it any worst

That is a massive site, the only works there seem to be on the Griffeen side. Entry could easily be placed on the Ring Road Roundabout.

SDCC planners have rejected this application.

Advertisement