Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software Development 2015 points increase?

• 27-02-2015 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello Guys, just wondering if anyone knows how much the Software Development course in CIT will increase this year in 2015? Currently the points requirements is 320 and the previous year it was 300.

Ive already done the Leaving Cert and I applied again this year to do this course. I got 370 points on my Leaving Cert Im just wondering if the points will increase at like 70+ making me unable to do the course.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Most of the computer & software based courses are experiencing points increases. I would expect another small/modest point increase but it is very unlikely to be anything like 70 points, maybe 10 to 20 max i would imagine.

I would strongly suggest that you put some of the other IT and Computing courses in CIT down as 2nd and 3rd choices if its what you really want. Quite often there will be dropouts from each course in 1st year, and if a spot becomes available they may allow others to swap into it from the other IT/Computing courses as in 1st year all the computing courses are quite similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Solus7

Thank you for replying back. Ive already put down all the computer course for CIT as I also anticipated that :)
    Yeah I also expected it not to increase as much as 20 points but as you know you get these panic attacks, especially when you research points increase for other computer courses and found out that on 2013 Computer Science in UCC went by a whooping 90 points. But I would assume the same wont happen for computer courses in ITs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Solus7 wrote: »
    Thank you for replying back. Ive already put down all the computer course for CIT as I also anticipated that :)
    Yeah I also expected it not to increase as much as 20 points but as you know you get these panic attacks, especially when you research points increase for other computer courses and found out that on 2013 Computer Science in UCC went by a whooping 90 points. But I would assume the same wont happen for computer courses in ITs.
    Yeah i wouldnt take too much notice of what happens in UCC, unfortunately UCC has what basically amounts to an unofficial policy to force points increases in the college by taking more and more international students onto courses and thus further limiting the available spots for CAO applicants. International students pay many multiples of what EU or Irish students pay for the same course.

Advertisement