Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Marlboro Gold.

• 27-02-2015 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I got a pack of the new Marlboro Golds today and they're horrible. There's this new filter(FIRM FILTER tm) which leaves a real cardboardy aftertaste that stays with you the whole day. I've been smoking Marlboro Gold/lights for nearly 20 years, but after just one day I know I'm not going to be able to hack these.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I can't say I've noticed any difference in the taste of them but what's grinding my gears is the strip for opening the cellophane being halfway down the box. On the odd occasion that the strip comes away cleanly you almost have to butcher the box to get the top half of the plastic off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

milltown wrote: »
    I can't say I've noticed any difference in the taste of them but what's grinding my gears is the strip for opening the cellophane being halfway down the box. On the odd occasion that the strip comes away cleanly you almost have to butcher the box to get the top half of the plastic off.

I noticed the cellophane thing but haven't had any problem with the box.

I guess it's probably a response to the plans for "plain packaging". There was someone who owns a packaging company and did work for the cigarette companies. He was talking about designing a box for smokes like it was some kind of high art :rolleyes:

Advertisement