Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick concert for the future

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

To be honest I thought with the demise of oxegen over the last few years, modern facilities, that we would have a lot more acts coming our way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

And we had Bruce springsteen last year which went well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Shannon757 wrote: »
    And we had Bruce springsteen last year which went well

That will be two years ago this summer.

I can't understand how we can't have something similar to the marquee in cork. Every summer they setup a marquee down the docks and host some great acts. Our docks are actually more accessible that corks and we would service more surrounding counties too. Baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Jofspring wrote: »

I can't understand how we can't have something similar to the marquee in cork. Every summer they setup a marquee down the docks and host some great acts. Our docks are actually more accessible that corks and we would service more surrounding counties too. Baffling.

Never mind the docks.... We have enough ready to go venues as is.....

Feels like just yesterday:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

This plan needs a roof!

Xennon wrote: »
    This plan needs a roof!

No it doesn't!

coz doing a gig in the rain is so much fun?

Toffeeboy wrote: »
    shame Limerick hasn't hosted something like this. Being nice & central, unlike Killarney or mayo, and on the motorway from dubland. We could be just as, if not more successful than Kerry or Mayo at running it...

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/duran-duran-to-headline-killarney-festival-of-music-and-food-31014270.html

we could use thomond park & gaelic grounds. within walking distance of each other.

or Jackman park & peoples park

or just use UL grounds (Limerick or Clare side)

None of these places have a roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

coz doing a gig in the rain is so much fun?

Marlay Park
    Oxegen
    Electric Picnic
    Slane
    Croke Park
    Aviva Stadium

A few but to name a few. If you dont like outdoor gigs grand but the hundreds of thousands that do go to outdoor gigs in Ireland every year dont have an issue with it.

Peoples Park
    Jackman park
    Perry Square

all 3 could be used and are in close proximity of each other. Transport is right there with the trains and buses and since its in the city center there are loads of hotels close by.

Bank holiday weekend in August or 4th of July weekend would take advantage of the "sunnier" part of the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dolans tried something similar in the Limerick docklands 7 or 8 years ago, I remember seeing the Zutons and the delorentos there one night, can't remember if it was a big success but it was a three night event.
    I'd love to see something similar to the Cork marquee in Limerick, that has gone from strength to strength since it began. However as I see it the Limerick docklands are only accessible from the Dock road which is a major thoroughfare in Limerick, in Cork the area where the marquee/Pairc Ui Chaoimh is only services Blackrock and there are loads of alternative routes to take to get home if you live there and are coming from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The dock road has close enough access to the motorway though so that would be a bonus. Obviously for big gigs you'do have a bit of traffic but you'd imagine it could handle ones the size of the marquee handy enough. Isn't the marquee in cork basically a bottleneck and a dead end also? Always thought it was.

I think the gig you mentioned was something to do with Coors Light.

The good thing about the marquee is the variety of music. Hip hop, pop, country, rock etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

The dock road has close enough access to the motorway though so that would be a bonus. Obviously for big gigs you'do have a bit of traffic but you'd imagine it could handle ones the size of the marquee handy enough. Isn't the marquee in cork basically a bottleneck and a dead end also? Always thought it was.

I think the gig you mentioned was something to do with Coors Light.

The good thing about the marquee is the variety of music. Hip hop, pop, country, rock etc...

If its the gig done by Dolan's it was for their anniversary. It was sponsored by Coors afaik

I want a roof.....and a rocking chair.....

I want a roof.....and a rocking chair.....

Roof no. Rocking chair maybe:D

Need a roof man....Im too old for cold...And how come Godfrey hasnt posted on this yet?... :D

Need a roof man....Im too old for cold...And how come Godfrey hasnt posted on this yet?... :D

Get one of those big umbrellas from the beach

Advertisement