Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi didn't stop...

Options
  • 27-02-2015 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, this morning i had to take my 2 years old child to GP and non of the EMPTY taxi car's on Gardiner st. stopped to collect us... WHY!?! I don't think you need a car seat in a taxi... All day I was thinking about it... is it because of the looks?.. So sad... and we don't look like junkies or anything...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Drugas wrote: »
    Hi, this morning i had to take my 2 years old child to GP and non of the EMPTY taxi car's on Gardiner st. stopped to collect us... WHY!?! I don't think you need a car seat in a taxi... All day I was thinking about it... is it because of the looks?.. So sad... and we don't look like junkies or anything...

They could have been on the way to a fare that phoned the taxi base.I dont know about up there but down in my end you get into taxis that are stopped at the taxi ranks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I thought you would need at least a booster seat for a 2 year old?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

A taxi company told me they don't have baby seats as they don't have to use them. Were you close to a taxi rank? That's a good guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Taxis are exempt from the guidelines for car seats so you don't need to use one in a taxi.

OP, there are a myriad of reasons as to why none of those taxis stopped for you. My advice is to download the hailo app onto your phone and use it if you need a taxi or ring your nearest taxi office and book one. Hailing on the street cannot always be relied on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

fryup wrote: »

Can't see that link but I will warn you to offer constructive advice only and if you can't be helpful then don't bother posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Drugas wrote: »

Just wondering why you allude to not looking like junkies or anything?

Many times I will drive past people who look as though they MIGHT be problematic. This can be from how they're dressed, where they are flagging the taxi down at to how they actually try to hail me down, sorry for anyone that isn't a problem but in the confines of a car I'm going to run a risk assesment on anyone flagging me down BEFORE I stop and let them into the car, with or without a child

Advertisement