Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plc question

Options
  • 28-02-2015 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking to do a post leaving cert course in Carlow and I've looked up courses and all, I'm just wondering if anyone knows the requirements? I have bad results in my leaving cert but have been told it goes mainly on an interview? Someone help please

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

It's basically based on the interview,so long as you show a genuine interest in the course and what it's about they'll offer you a place.

Just make sure you enter a course that you're genuinely interested in.I went to two late interviews (on the same day) and as it was so close to the start of the semester the first interview(journalism with radio the one I wanted to do) weren't sure if they could offer me a place,so went to the second one (landscape design,I know very different) offered me a place on the spot,so I paid up,a week later I was offered a place on the journalism course(after buy the required gear for the other one,about 150 worth of supplies,some very specific to that course)

Long story short I didn't put the effort in as it wasn't what I wanted to do,fell way behind and jacked it in after Christmas.

Choose the right course though and you'll be laughing.after being outta education for 10 years it was pretty enjoyable otherwise,just the heart wasn't in it.

Hope that sheds a bit of light,best of luck!

(sorry for the long post)

It's basically based on the interview,so long as you show a genuine interest in the course and what it's about they'll offer you a place.

Just make sure you enter a course that you're genuinely interested in.I went to two late interviews (on the same day) and as it was so close to the start of the semester the first interview(journalism with radio the one I wanted to do) weren't sure if they could offer me a place,so went to the second one (landscape design,I know very different) offered me a place on the spot,so I paid up,a week later I was offered a place on the journalism course(after buy the required gear for the other one,about 150 worth of supplies,some very specific to that course)

Long story short I didn't put the effort in as it wasn't what I wanted to do,fell way behind and jacked it in after Christmas.

Choose the right course though and you'll be laughing.after being outta education for 10 years it was pretty enjoyable otherwise,just the heart wasn't in it.

Advertisement