Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junior cert inquires?

Options
  • 28-02-2015 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was just wondering, how long would the average 15 year old study in order to get mostly A's in their jc if they were an above average kind of student and that the person was striving to get the best grades possible,

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

MaeveO8 wrote:
    I was just wondering, how long would the average 15 year old study in order to get mostly A's in their jc if they were an above average kind of student and that the person was striving to get the best grades possible,

I just got 10 A's and 1 B in my mocks and I've been studying for the mocks since Christmas. However I've been studying consistently since first year so it has relieved a lot of pressure off of me now. Have you been studying a lot before 1st and 2nd year? Also how did you do in your mocks just to see as a general sign of where you are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MaeveO8

haiyna wrote: »
    I just got 10 A's and 1 B in my mocks and I've been studying for the mocks since Christmas. However I've been studying consistently since first year so it has relieved a lot of pressure off of me now. Have you been studying a lot before 1st and 2nd year? Also how did you do in your mocks just to see as a general sign of where you are now.

Well done! And I got 7/13 A's in the Christmas exam, which was a bit disappointing so I would like to improve.

how was your schedule like as a first and second year?

Well done! And I'm a first year so I got 7/13 A's in the Christmas exam which was a bit disappointing. What was your study schedule like in 1st and 2nd year?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

MaeveO8 wrote:
    how was your schedule like as a first and second year?

MaeveO8 wrote:
    Well done! And I got 7/13 A's in the Christmas exam, which was a bit disappointing so I would like to improve.

MaeveO8 wrote:
    Well done! And I'm a first year so I got 7/13 A's in the Christmas exam which was a bit disappointing. What was your study schedule like in 1st and 2nd year?

Oh ok I thought you were in 3rd year now. Well for 1st and 2nd year I studied throughout the whole year, but not heavily. I just studied small amounts but consistently. I'd really recommend making your own timetable and don't make it too harsh! Try to discover what the most effective way of studying is for you. Some people write notes, some people read books etc but I find that a mixture is best for ME. E.g: On Monday I might have studied some geography and science for an hour. Some days I might have had something unexpected so make sure to have a flexible timetable to allow for the rests and leisurely activities.

Advertisement