Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky half price deal Groupon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The full price is 93euro and the half price offer is 46.50. With the 10euro deposit this brings the first months price to 36.50. This is a good bargain and I don't understand why people are making an issue about the 10euro deposit off the first bill. It is not that complicated and has been explained on here numerous times already.

That's exactly as I understood it, until I went through the subscription process.

1. On every screen, the MONTHLY BILL (with offers) - not just the first month's bill - is clearly shown as €36.50. Nowhere, at any stage, is €46.50 mentioned. This is at the very least misleading.

2. I appear to have been signed up for both sports and movies - not having seen at any stage an option to pick one or the other. There is an extra charge for subscribing to both, even within the Groupon offer - I can't remember off the top of my head what it was though. I do not want to wind up being charged extra for premium channels I don't actually want (I know I have to take one lot in order to avail of the Groupon offer).

I'll have to wait and see what happens when the thing is installed and the first bill issued. I'm not accusing Sky of diddling us - yet - but I'm seriously wary of sharp practice and want to be ready to argue it out if this turns out to be the case.

That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That's exactly as I understood it, until I went through the subscription process.

1. On every screen, the MONTHLY BILL (with offers) - not just the first month's bill - is clearly shown as €36.50. Nowhere, at any stage, is €46.50 mentioned. This is at the very least misleading.

2. I appear to have been signed up for both sports and movies - not having seen at any stage an option to pick one or the other. There is an extra charge for subscribing to both, even within the Groupon offer - I can't remember off the top of my head what it was though. I do not want to wind up being charged extra for premium channels I don't actually want (I know I have to take one lot in order to avail of the Groupon offer).

I'll have to wait and see what happens when the thing is installed and the first bill issued. I'm not accusing Sky of diddling us - yet - but I'm seriously wary of sharp practice and want to be ready to argue it out if this turns out to be the case.

That's all.

It's just how Sky operate their website and is nothing to do with this Groupon offer.

Here's what you do. Go onto the Sky website as a new customer and start the application process, the price that comes up in the 'basket' will be the monthly cost less ten euros.

Observe:
    341391.png

It's just how Sky operate their website and is nothing to do with this Groupon offer.

Here's what you do. Go onto the Sky website as a new customer and start the application process, the price that comes up in the 'basket' will be the monthly cost less ten euros.

Observe:
    341391.png
    But that says Monthly cost (with offers) €19 Then €29. That makes perfect sense!

That's not what we got when we signed up. €46.50 was never mentioned, anywhere. Monthly cost was only ever shown as €36.50.

And then there's the issue of being subscribed to both sets of premium channels, with no option to just sign up for one.

Anyway, as I said we'll all just have to wait and see what comes in the first bill.

Whatever the outcome, Sky clearly need to work on their website layout and wording!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

When into my sky now that it is all set up and its is saying my bill is €42 euro to be taking out on the 21th of this month and that is minus the 10 euro so it looks like my bill is €52 a month after that is without the movies bundle. If I go to my sky subscribions it says my monthly bill is €32 don't no what to make of it

gotthebug wrote: »
    When into my sky now that it is all set up and its is saying my bill is €42 euro to be taking out on the 21th of this month and that is minus the 10 euro so it looks like my bill is €52 a month after that is without the movies bundle. If I go to my sky subscribions it says my monthly bill is €32 don't no what to make of it
    I seriously hope I'm not just swapping one set of problems for a whole different lot :mad:

At least I knew where I was in my arguments with UPC, and it wasn't costing me extra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

gotthebug wrote: »

Remember your first bill is pro-rata as they'll charge you in arrears from your activation date to your billing cycle date then charge you one full month in advance, so it will be higher than normal.

There should be a link "Upcoming subscription costs" under your MySky account page which will show you what your next three monthly bills should be once it's settled down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Sky wouldn't extend my 6 months half price deal. I was paying €45 per month for the variety bundle, movies and sports. When I called to get a similar deal they offered me 20% off for 12 months which worked out at €59 per month. I refused this offer and cancelled my contract.

On the same-day I signed up using the Groupon offer. A Sky engineer arrived this morning and installed the new box. He was in and out in 15 minutes. Said it was the handiest job ever! I now have the Sky variety bundle, movies and sports for 12 months @ €46.50 per month.

I beat Sky at there own game

They should show some goodwill to existing customers for their loyalty!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Son of a gun

Can I ask do you need to leave a month in between cancelling and signing up for a new contract in another name at the same address. I presume they want 1 months notice cancellation. So are you without service for a while?
    Or can I cancel today, pay the month, and next week have a Sky engineer set up the new boxes etc?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Is this offer still on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

The offer is over but I'll add the following for those interested. If you push them as a new customer you will get this anyway, now I may have only got it as I went for broadband too but may be available anyway. I signed up last month and got the following.

Variety + HD (half price for the year) they told me if I added any sports, movies etc that it would also be half price for the year)

I also got fibre broadband (€30 for first 6months, then €50 for the rest)

I also got €60 back just for being a new customer and also €50 for saying my dad, who has sky, recommended it.

The groupon deal will not let you avail of the cashback and introduce a friend offers that I got. (guy I worked with tried as he bought coupon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

pippip wrote: »
    The offer is over but I'll add the following for those interested. If you push them as a new customer you will get this anyway, now I may have only got it as I went for broadband too but may be available anyway. I signed up last month and got the following.

Variety + HD (half price for the year) they told me if I added any sports, movies etc that it would also be half price for the year)

I also got fibre broadband (€30 for first 6months, then €50 for the rest)

I also got €60 back just for being a new customer and also €50 for saying my dad, who has sky, recommended it.

The groupon deal will not let you avail of the cashback and introduce a friend offers that I got. (guy I worked with tried as he bought coupon)

The offer is still available.

The offer is still available.

Only if you already have the voucher. Deadline to purchase the voucher was last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

pippip wrote: »
    Only if you already have the voucher. Deadline to purchase the voucher was last week.

That is incorrect. As I said it is still on,

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-b-sky-b-1-2/57470826

13 days left.

That is incorrect. As I said it is still on,

13 days left.
    They either reactivated the deal then, or put on a new one - it definitely closed 9 minutes after I got my voucher - I watched it count down! And it was showing as deal over for a few days afterwards.

Got my pack and card from Sky today in the post - I was hoping that there might be some clarification on pricing in it, but no joy.

Sorry, I stand corrected was going by the original one.

As mentioned still may cheaper for some people not to use the voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They have reactivated it.
    Sky wouldn't extend my 6 months half price deal.

Mines up next month :eek:.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    They have reactivated it.

Mines up next month :eek:.

I'd be investing 9 quid in a Groupon voucher as a back-up plan if I were you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Can somebody PM me the screen shots of the €36.50 screen from the Sky order they were doing?

I'm finally dealing with somebody who is looking into it because yeah my own Sky says two different things.

Under "Subscriptions"

SKY_zpsm79sn2ty.png

On a different Page you find this below(nothing to do with €10 once off fee

SKYB_zps5hv2ngur.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭johnjoe1966

epo addict wrote: »
    Sky wouldn't extend my 6 months half price deal. I was paying €45 per month for the variety bundle, movies and sports. When I called to get a similar deal they offered me 20% off for 12 months which worked out at €59 per month. I refused this offer and cancelled my contract.

On the same-day I signed up using the Groupon offer. A Sky engineer arrived this morning and installed the new box. He was in and out in 15 minutes. Said it was the handiest job ever! I now have the Sky variety bundle, movies and sports for 12 months @ €46.50 per month.

I beat Sky at there own game

They should show some goodwill to existing customers for their loyalty!

Did you have the current deal overlapping with your new contract? did you give them a different address/bank account details??also did the Sky engineer pass any remarks with the fact you had system already in place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Did you have the current deal overlapping with your new contract? did you give them a different address/bank account details??also did the Sky engineer pass any remarks with the fact you had system already in place?

Engineers couldn't give a feck. Think about it - "Oh no I'm not going to install and do myself out of work because you're screwing Sky out of a few quid, who don't even employ me".

If you want to refrain from totally taking the p!ss just unplug the box and say "moved ion a couple of months ago just getting round to this now".

You won't be allowed overlap unless you've done something funky with the address.

If you've got broadband you may have an issue but why anyone has broadband from anyone other than UPC if they can get it is beyond me. Same with TV from Sky, why bother paying for it unless you get the 'full service'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

could this be used by an existing customer to upgrade a hardware? was thinking of getting multiroom....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Can somebody PM me the screen shots of the €36.50 screen from the Sky order they were doing?

I'm finally dealing with somebody who is looking into it because yeah my own Sky says two different things.

Is this your first bill?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Is the groupon deal now over? anyone know of other options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Is the groupon deal now over? anyone know of other options?
    deal is still available, google is great lol

here is a link

i did post the link in another sky deal thread mostly cancellation one i think

thanks for that -if you google and go through done deal it shows as expired but your link works fine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know how much Sky charge for another box (doesn't have to be a recordable one) with this deal ad in general?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Anyone know how much Sky charge for another box (doesn't have to be a recordable one) with this deal ad in general?

€15 per month for a second box

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Hi, does anyone know if Sky Go is included here ? Going to be using sky for the first time so this offer looks good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Sky have eventually honoured the €36.50* after they sort of agreed that it was a misrepresented price on their own website during the checkout process and also on "MySky".

*For Variety, HD, Movies and Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Sky have eventually honoured the €36.50* after they sort of agreed that it was a misrepresented price on their own website during the checkout process and also on "MySky".

May look at this aswell..given my defo says Monthly Cost with Offers 36.50

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Daz_ wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if Sky Go is included here ? Going to be using sky for the first time so this offer looks good..
    Yes, you can have 2 devices registered free for Sky Go no matter what bundle you take. If you take out the multiroom you can register 4 devices for free but only 2 can be used at any given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

Not for me. Sky representative was not helpful at all. Even I sent them screenshots with 36.50euro price they told me they will do nothing. Then he asked me which channels I don't need. He said he can cancel sky sport and I will get better price. After canceling sky sport price is still 38euro not 36.50euro. I am thinking to report them to NCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi Guys

After I started this thread I rang Sky on Monday, first issue I had was there was Sky in my brother in laws name up till last year when I cancelled it, he had stayed with me for a while and brought sky with him, that was about 5 years ago but everytime I rang Sky they just told me to keep it in his name as to change it would of meant me closing the account....that took ages to sort out because they didn't want to give me the offer as I wasn't a new customer, even thought new name etc

Anyway got over that hurdle, guy said he would do better price than the offer if I bought from him, so I spent ages on the phone and at the end it was exact same price as I could have got off the web, I wanted Multiroom because it would be handy and also it gives you more devices for Sky Go. He wouldn't move on the 15 per month so I left it....

So I think I am 32 per month and hen 42 per month

JHappy just to get rid of UPC for TV

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

For anyone who signed up, make sure to check your first bill - they didn't refund the €9 for the groupon voucher on mine. I've since called sky and it should be taken off my next bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Hi All,

Voucher still available. I'm not moving into my home until June.
    Can i buy the voucher and use it then? Quick scan of the Groupon deal and i couldn't find the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hi All,

Voucher still available. I'm not moving into my home until June.
    Can i buy the voucher and use it then? Quick scan of the Groupon deal and i couldn't find the answer.

Is the voucher still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Asherthehasher

Yes you can still buy the voucher, it expires on Thursday I think, not 100% sure. Just ring and order it and they will push out the install till June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Says 3 days left of the Groupon page.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Son of a gun

I cancelled Sky today and they have said that there is now a number block on the broadband account for the next 6-8 weeks. Does this now mean anyone else at the address cant sign up, or is it simply a case of them needing to apply for a new phone number? Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

does groupon deal work for just the variety pack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

GY A1 wrote: »
    does groupon deal work for just the variety pack

No you have to order either sports or movies (or both).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Received e-advert from Fatcheese today..making basic marginally cheaper. Check your inbox and yes fatcheese is paying out cashback.
    Join Sky TV as a new customer by the 26 March
    Sky+ box for FREE, standard set-up for FREE
    up to €120 cashback from Fatcheese & a €75 cheque direct from Sky

A Sky+ package starts from only €29 per month (€348pa)
    €75 cheque & €60 cashback saving from FatCheese reduces the total cost for the year to €213.00 or €17.75pm

One cheque per household. Cheques sent via post within 60 days of your Sky TV viewing card being enabled to receive Sky TV. Offer ends 26 March 2015.
    Sky TV packages: €60 cashback | Sky TV with Broadband and Talk: €120 cashback | Standalone Broadband: €45 cashback

Says 3 days left of the Groupon page.

When I open the page it says offer ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Offer gone for me as well

Yes seems to be gone now lads. Definitely said 3 days earlier as I was going to sign up on Friday.

Its been saying gone for me since early this morning.

similiar off er now on fatcheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Got my Sky installed at weekend, thin installation guy was happy as he just had to turn on box, add additional channels and he could go(prob off for breakie as he was booked in for hour for my installation)

So glad to be finally rid of Horizon.....now even UPC would send me my new router so I can throw the horizon box back at them,.......terrible system.....even the wifi is crap on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

similiar off er now on fatcheese

Does Fatcheese still work? Used to be brilliant back in the day.

any link to the fatcheese offer?

• Advertisement
Advertisement