Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stationary Bike Stand Recommendation?

• 28-02-2015 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Considering picking up a stationary bike stand.. but torn between a few so looking for a second (or third, or fourth, or so on) opinion! ;)

The first two seem relatively well reviewed on Amazon but am unsure of the difference between the two - both are same make and both single-speed (but looks like resistance levels are adjustable on second).

BDBikes Bike Magnetic Turbo Trainer - single speed
    BDBikesTM Bicycle, Bike Magnetic Turbo Trainer - Single Speed Variable Resistance Exercise Bike

BlackDogBikes don't ship to Ireland so I'd probably need to send them via ParcelMotel and they're likely over-sized so say another €15 - €20 or thereabouts postage.

Then there is this one by HST (and it's sold by a seller - SWT - who does ship to Ireland for an extra £12):

HST New Magnetic Indoor Bicycle Turbo Trainer

Then I'm just wondering should I go and pick this up in Halfords as it's €99 currently with a promotion (€10 off when I spend €100):

Volare Elite Magnetic Cycle Trainer

Any recommendations or ones to steer clear of here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The Halfords one would be considerably higher quality than those ones on Amazon. The benefits of spending more on turbo trainers are quite significant - the noise is a big factor, and having no variable resistance is pretty desperate.

Consider also spending a few bob on a turbo trainer specific tyre, they create massive heat and friction on the rear tyre, if you think you'll be using it regularly you'd be risking a blow out if you plan to use the same tyre on the road.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i have the halfords one. use it regularly early in the morning. havent been divorced yet

Advertisement