Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE: IFAS calendar as a pdf

Options
  • 28-02-2015 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently had a discussion with some IFAS members about releasing the 2015 calendar as a FREE pdf that can be downloaded.

Basically, I think we will only sell a handful of calendars, if any, at this stage. Generally magazines like Sky & Telescope's annual Sky Guide are removed from the shelves after a certain period because no further sales are likely, or diaries are discounted heavily after January.

My hope is that making the IFAS calendar available as a free pdf will help promote the organisation even more. People that may not have heard of the calendar will now discover it via various web sites. They will also be able to add it to their mobile device (e.g., to iBooks as on my own iPad) making it an even more useful resource by having it to hand.

A few ideas came out of the discussion such as sizing the calendar to fit smart phones, creating a .ics file that can be uploaded to smart phone/tablet calendars, and a paid pdf for the 2016 edition.

The link to download the 2015 calendar pdf (without the monthly photos as they are copyrighted) is https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqg5otrcyrzwc44/astro_calendar_2015_final.pdf?dl=1

Enjoy!

John

John Flannery,
    IFAS calendar 2015 author

Advertisement