Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suitable PC for oculus Rift DK2

• 28-02-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I just bought an Ocukus Rift Dk2 and now realise that my laptop or PC are not powerful enough to run it! Can anybody recommend a PC that would be suitable. I have looked on PC world web site and from what I can see I would have to give 1,400 to 2,000 euro for something suitable. I have looked online and people say that at least a gtx770 graphics card is needed. Any recommendations of where is best place to look. Would you recommend buying a second hand PC?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

First of all: DO NOT BUY A GAMING PC IN A SHOP! :D

Second of all, do you know how to build a PC? If not, did you know that it is stupidly simple to assemble a PC, the only hard part is making sure you buy the correct components. The good news is, you can rock on over to the very excellent PC Building & Upgrading Forum for advice on what to spend your money on and how and you might even find someone to help you build it with you. For €1,000 you'll get a machine that'll make a lot out of that DK2, for €1,500, you'll have an absolute monster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Galwegian09

Thanks Shininay for the advice. Just posted where u recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

LOL

Yes. Shiminay speaks the word of the gospel!

GPU is key for the DK2. I'm on a 7870 and it struggles on low settings for demos/games for 75fps. You really need a 970/980 290/290x to get the most out of it.

Advertisement