Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 28 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

spock. wrote: »
    I'm considering going for Sterling over Eriksen (If it wasn't for the double I would definitely do this) as I don't want Eriksen long term.
    Hmm... I hate double gameweeks
    I'm thinking alike. But Sterling rising tonight is annoying. Don't want to rush my transfer.

Anyway, like Busts I'm looking at ADM out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Think its time for ADM to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

iroced wrote: »
    So, definitely no injury?

no he was AWFUL
    I'd be delighted if I somehow get .1 out of him
    sadly I won't be having a united player in my team for rest of season unless I buy Ashley young :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

Advice please - ADM (my capt today instead of Kun or Sturridge) to Eriksen or Sanchez?
    Can't afford Sanchez tomorrow if he rises and ADM doesn't and thinking long term would only want Eriksen for one week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Advice please - ADM (my capt today instead of Kun or Sturridge) to Eriksen or Sanchez?
    Can't afford Sanchez tomorrow if he rises and ADM doesn't and thinking long term would only want Eriksen for one week anyway.

Eriksen for the one week Sanchez for the long term depends what you want to focus on whether you have wc etc. Definitely ADM out though he's been shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Am I better off getting vertonghen or Austin for the DGW

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Am I better off getting vertonghen or Austin for the DGW

Depends who you are losing. If you have Giroud, Kane, Aguero then I think better with Vert although I think Austin will outscore him but not enough to justify losing one of the other three. I think Walker is a slightly better option than Vert too.

jimmii wrote: »
    Depends who you are losing. If you have Giroud, Kane, Aguero then I think better with Vert although I think Austin will outscore him but not enough to justify losing one of the other three. I think Walker is a slightly better option than Vert too.

I brought Ings in for a one week punt and will be getting Costa in for GW29 anyway. Will probably bench Ings until next week and then get Costa in

Rose, dembele, Kane and Austin or rose , eriksen, Kane and ings?

• Advertisement

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    I brought Ings in for a one week punt and will be getting Costa in for GW29 anyway. Will probably bench Ings until next week and then get Costa in

Austin looks good then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Might get Walker in as my second Spurs player. He hasn't played as much as the others this season so maybe he'll be one of the best contenders to start both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Might get Walker in as my second Spurs player. He hasn't played as much as the others this season so maybe he'll be one of the best contenders to start both games.

Walker has played 10 games this season. 1 clean sheet...

qwabercd wrote: »
    Walker has played 10 games this season. 1 clean sheet...

He was injured. 4 of those games were against Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Pool. They have better fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

He was injured. 4 of those games were against Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Pool. They have better fixtures coming up.

I know that, I'm just pointing out that they have gotten one clean sheet since he's been back. 6 clean sheets all season. I'd rather have a southampton defender at home to palace than a spurs defender with 2 games. Don't let the dgw cloud the judgement, you'll have to waste a transfer getting rid soon after.

qwabercd wrote: »
    I know that, I'm just pointing out that they have gotten one clean sheet since he's been back. 6 clean sheets all season. I'd rather have a southampton defender at home to palace than a spurs defender with 2 games. Don't let the dgw cloud the judgement, you'll have to waste a transfer getting rid soon after.

Ya good points, I was thinking about it as just a short term punt as I want Alder long term. Not making any progress at the moment so am looking for a differential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Wildcard time for me, one definite departure will be ADM, 9.5 million of a pure and utter letdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hmmm. Not sure if I should dump Sturridge or Giroud for Kane.

I had planned Giroud but he scored again today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Sanchez out for erikson

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

I think Clichy has to go, I really needed him to play this week. He hasn't played the last 3 PL games (yet City started him v Barca).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sanchez and Di Maria to Ozil and Eriksen?

Yay or Nay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Raf32 wrote: »
    Sanchez and Di Maria to Ozil and Eriksen?

Yay or Nay?

Yay

13, 8, 11, 3, 10.
    That's the last 5 scores from Ozil. Gotta get him in for Sanchez.

The more I think about it the less I want to go for Eriksen.
    I don't want him long term. I won't captain him. I'll only have to waste a transfer getting him out and I'm only in effect bringing him for QPR away (as in I'd never in a million years get him in based on just the Swansea at home game)

I'm giving serious consideration at the moment to a -4 all the same!

Does anyone think the following is a good idea.......?

Sanchez and Downing to Ozil and Sterling? I already have Sturridge.......

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Is Ivanovic worth £7.4m? I would love to have him, I reckon I'd enjoy the game a lot more with him in my team. :)

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hmmm. Not sure if I should dump Sturridge or Giroud for Kane.

I had planned Giroud but he scored again today.

Just a hunch but I don't think Giroud will start in the midweek game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I had planned Puncheon to Eriksen but am now thinking Sanchez to Eriksen. Already have Cazorla. Anyone an opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

G1032 wrote: »
    Just a hunch but I don't think Giroud will start in the midweek game

Think I'll stick with my original plan. Studge appears to be more capable of explosive returns than Olivier.

Was planning on only having ozil for this week and then to get eriksen but I'm not too keen after ozils performance today. Although I think Ozil is more likely to be rested than Sanchez midweek. Will probably get a Spurs defender and eriksen rather than eriksen and dembele.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am not sure what to do at all. I cant get excited about getting Ericsen in. I may get rid of Sanchez and bring in Ozil.....but selling Sanchez still drys my throat.
    I think I need to sleep on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

bellerein eriksen in downing baines out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

ADM out Eriksen in done.
    Di Maria is no longer in my team. It feels so good to be able to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

spock. wrote: »
    ADM out Eriksen in done.
    Di Maria is no longer in my team. It feels so good to be able to say that.

pretty sure this is what ill be doing

ADM to Silva done and I think I'll just leave it at that. Not interested in Eriksen, would only want him for this week so it's a waste of two transfers. Had considered a Spurs defender but they really aren't very good at the back and who knows how they'll react after losing the cup final and getting knocked out of Europe in the space of a few days. Might take a -4 and get Sterling and Ozil in next week then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Kane and Austin are definitely coming in with my two FTs. I've gone off a Spurs defender so will have to decide whether it's worth a -4 to bring in Silva or Eriksen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kane and Austin are definitely coming in with my two FTs. I've gone off a Spurs defender so will have to decide whether it's worth a -4 to bring in Silva or Eriksen.

What forwards did you sell?

dahat wrote: »
    What forwards did you sell?

BUIB and Defoe will be departing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Is Sanchez worth keeping now? Yes he is class, but he's gone off the boil, is very pricey and Ozil and santi are offering more at the moment.. It also obviously allows upgrades elsewhere. Am I nuts for considering ditching him?

Considering Matty Philips and Lamela for the dgw as Spurs will surely look to change a few after a bad week.

Is Sanchez worth keeping now? Yes he is class, but he's gone off the boil, is very pricey and Ozil and santi are offering more at the moment.. It also obviously allows upgrades elsewhere. Am I nuts for considering ditching him?

Definitely not nuts at all. I'll probably sell him this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

G1032 wrote: »
    The more I think about it the less I want to go for Eriksen.
    I don't want him long term. I won't captain him. I'll only have to waste a transfer getting him out and I'm only in effect bringing him for QPR away (as in I'd never in a million years get him in based on just the Swansea at home game)

I'm giving serious consideration at the moment to a -4 all the same!

Does anyone think the following is a good idea.......?

Sanchez and Downing to Ozil and Sterling? I already have Sturridge.......

I'm in the same way of thinking. Give that I'll have other changes needing doing getting Eriksen in with my FT will effectively be committing to a future -4.

I'll definitely be selling ADM but Silva looks better than Eriksen (-4) especially as it seems almost certain Eriksen won't start both.

He doesn't seem to be worth it since he's no longer a reliable captain choice. If I'm paying 11.3m, I want at least an attacking return at home to Leicester or Everton. I don't know if I can justify a -4 when he's playing QPR, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench. He doesn't have pens or left sided corners which dents his appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Will Sturridge start during the week - he only got like 15 mins today, you'd think with it being such an important match that he would have been on for at least 30 mins if fully fit. Like pool where winning when he came on, and he missed one clear chance when one on one with keeper as well.

Cazorla to Eriksen to give the normal 2 for the dgw.

He may not start the two games but would expect 120 mins over the two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have 2FTs so have already done the easy one - Defoe to Austin

Eriksen in for one of my 2 Arsenal midfielders seems the sensible option, but choosing to dump Cazorla over Sanchez is not as straightforward as it should be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Silva for Puncheon or Cazorla???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rose looks to be going up in price and defoe going down so thinking

Haidara -> Rose
    Defoe -> Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Can somebody rank Spurs midfield scoring potential for DGW

Erik
    Lamela
    Dembele
    Bentaleb
    Townsend?
    Mason??
    Chadli???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

is eriksen price gonna rise tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Jones -> Rose
    ADM-> Erisken
    Both done before they rise tonight.

I don't intend keeping either for long, but I'm in 211 place and feel like gambling. Eriksend and Rose going up tonight so now or never. Next week I intend getting in Coutinho for Eriksen, coutinho looks to be playing great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Guiroud to Austin and Siggurdson to Eriksen are my 2 transfers.

-4 that I am not entirely happy with, but it had to be done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement