Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Manchester City. 12pm. Sky Sports 1.

18910111214»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

NIMAN wrote: »
    Funny how steady and solid Pool have got since Stevie G stopped playing.

No mention of him at all now.

The contingent are in. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Been a heartbreaking game...been outclassed yet we still should have scored 3 or 4.

How do you work that Man City only had 1 shot on target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Have to say, Rodgers was totally vindicated in resting Henderson and Coutinho on Thursday.

Yep it looked to me like we made the decision to prioritize 4th place as you cannot guarantee a cup run will end with a win, paid off big time today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Aguero/Silva should of scored at the end also, I'm assuming he's including.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

On another day Aguero would have got the one that was off the post and that one in the second where he wiggled through three of four in the box....also Silva's miss was very bad and very unlike him...he's scored several of those type goals this season. Of course L'Pool could have had more too...But we missed some criminal chances. Stats only tell one side of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Aguero/Silva should of scored at the end also, I'm assuming he's including.

Going by that Liverpool should have had 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well deserved. Wanted it more and better organised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Liverpool deserved that 2 great goals. City need to ditch that 442 against the better sides imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

give coutinho footballer of the year now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Massive congratulations to liverpool. Fair play, form is impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We will beat this lot by a massive goal.

Good call.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    Liverpool falling at every big hurdle, expect the same, easy Manchester vict ry, 1-3

Not a good call.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good call.

Not a good call.

I guess we fell over the hurdle.

Same as the Spurs and Southampton hurdles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Great win Coutinho was immense today cracking finish, Lovern was a rock today. My MOTM was Joe Allen really impressive performance from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just got my posting privileges back (don't ask). Well done to the Liverpool fans; a fully deserved win for your mob. We were shockingly abysmal, but when a team hits two world class goals against you, there's not a lot you can do. Plus, Liverpool seemed more "up for it" than we did, which is criminal really when we're chasing the title. On which subject, well done to Chelsea. That's your first trophy this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Amazing win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

There was acres of space for liverpool all over the pitch. Really good to watch though, reminiscent of last season. Hope it continues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good call.

Not a good call.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

just watched the 90 mins, was fearing the worst after the penos Thursday,but we blew them away ,top performances from quite a few players ,shaky first 20 mins,much the better team after that,everyone puts in a shift, fair ****s to players n management since xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Barring a miracle of a turnaround at the Nou Camp in the second leg which I don't see happening and after today's result City's season is now over.

There just going to be plodder along and end up finishing second now,which with two months still to go in the season will not impress the owners and I think will end up with Pellegrini losing his job at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Barring a miracle of a turnaround at the Nou Camp in the second leg which I don't see happening and after today's result City's season is now over.

There just going to be plodder along and end up finishing second now,which with two months still to go in the season will not impress the owners and I think will end up with Pellegrini losing his job at the end of the season.

Yep, Pellegrini is gone in the summer. Possibly Wenger too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

monkey9 wrote: »

Wenger won't be going anywhere

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Wenger won't be going anywhere

He should have gone after the cup win last season. It was the perfect time for him to bow out. He's brought Arsenal as far as he can and it's the same old stuff from Arsenal every season. I'm not even a Arsenal fan but the frustration there fans must go through every season must be unbearable at this stage.

Question is who do they get in to replace him. Klopp,Simeone,Blanc.

I'm sure there's a few other candidates that I'm forgetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If Arsenal finish top 4, and I think they will, Wenger will be going nowhere.

He has a two year deal. Next season will be his swansong at Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Simeone looks like he may sign a new deal with Atletico Madrid.

Klopp is contracted to Dortmund until 2018.

Blanc will probably leave PSG so it will be him I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'd be shocked if Klopp was still at Dortmund come September. I also think he'll bring Reus to whoever he goes to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Would Rodgers be a contender?

djPSB wrote: »
    Would Rodgers be a contender?

The job he has done at Liverpool would definitely make him one. Can't see him leaving though or wanting too. He is building a Liverpool team at the moment that I can see will be competiting for major honours in the next few years if he spends wisely and brings in the right players to strengten in the positions they need too.

He deserves massive credit for the way he has turned around Liverpools form after the Utd game and has them playing at nearly the same level they where at for the whole of last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

The job he has done at Liverpool would definitely make him one. Can't see him leaving though or wanting too. He is building a Liverpool team at the moment that I can see will be competiting for major honours in the next few years if he spends wisely and brings in the right players to strengten in the positions they need too.

He deserves massive credit for the way he has turned around Liverpools form after the Utd game and has them playing at nearly the same level they where at for the whole of last season.

Yeah not sure he'd leave either although it depends on how much Liverpool's owners are willing to back him.

It does seem that he has to work with tighter wage budgets etc. than his rivals at the moment.

djPSB wrote: »
    Yeah not sure he'd leave either although it depends on how much Liverpool's owners are willing to back him.

It does seem that he has to work with tighter wage budgets etc. than his rivals at the moment.

The tight wage budget seems to be causing problems with getting Sterling to sign a new contract. He is being offered double what he is on and deserves to but he seems to be playing hard ball with Liverpool. It's just a case of who will blink first I imagine. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out and if Real and other clubs start sniffing around,it might force Liverpool's hand I imagine to give in to his demands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

The tight wage budget seems to be causing problems with getting Sterling to sign a new contract. He is being offered double what he is on and deserves to but he seems to be playing hard ball with Liverpool. It's just a case of who will blink first I imagine. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out and if Real and other clubs start sniffing around,it might force Liverpool's hand I imagine to give in to his demands.

Really think Sterling is a talented kid who can go on to great things ... but ... right now i don't think Real are sniffing at anything they do not already have + experience. Sterling will play hardball and then sign - he is entitled to add a little drama and seek out his best deal - provided it is kept in doors and is ironed out before the end of the season then it's all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

just watched the 90 mins, was fearing the worst after the penos Thursday,but we blew them away ,top performances from quite a few players ,shaky first 20 mins,much the better team after that,everyone puts in a shift, fair ****s to players n management since xmas

yeah it's mad, City pressesd us like a Barca team in the first 10 mins and then stopped :confused: we then pressed them like a Barca team and they couldn't handle it... they had a few good chances to score and we had likewise.. if you run yer balls of you at least have a chance and the quality shines through.. get in the pool....savage stuff!

I was on here during the week and prob last week giving out about Joe Allen (which was justified imo), but today he had a blinder and fair fooks to him..

Coutinho is just a different class, he's a monster.. tore at City by will... we need to hold on to him big time.. Markovic let us down in a way, but he has the potential to be massive..

Gerrard nowhere to be seen and we pull out another big result.. obviously dont want to bad mouth a serious legend but it seems like a good moment for him to move on..

other good mentions, Henderson, Sterling and Can... I was worried when man utd won yesterday but this brings it all into perspective.. such a young team, such good work rate and a few better signings to consolidate what we have and eh the future is RED! come on the lads!!

He should have gone after the cup win last season was the perfect time for him to bow out. He's brought Arsenal as far as he can and it's the same old stuff from Arsenal every season. I'm not even a Arsenal fan but the frustration there fans must go through every season must be unbearable at this stage.

I'm calling BS here.. if they lose Wenger they start falling down the table unless they get Pep (no chance).. they have a good young team and most positions sorted. I dread to think what would have happened if they had got Suarez.. they need another centre half, a great centre midfielder and a serious 30 goal a season striker..they will be deadly.. it really boggles the mind why they didnt take fabregas back :confused:

for all the cash they have spent they really should have a better team...Mangala, fernandinho etc are not good enough imo....they need a few more Agueros,Toures and Kompany's imo...look at mourinho, he knew he needed certain positions covered and he went out and paid the dosh for the best..

City have been building for a while but need to start shopping at the top table now... will FFP allow them now ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Simeone looks like he may sign a new deal with Atletico Madrid.

Klopp is contracted to Dortmund until 2018.

Blanc will probably leave PSG so it will be him I think.

He'd be a great choice. They'd really push on then and fall out of the champions league places altogether if they're lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think the current City team is a bit past peak now and sliding down the curve

They will need a big rebuild soon enough, I can see Aguero moving on and the quality spine Toure (31), Silva and Kompany (30 next year) will start to decline, some would say Kompany has dropped a level

All in all they under achieved in Europe, did okay domestically to be fair, will be interesting to see how they get on without being able to splurge as much as they did during the first building years when they were founded in 2008 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

mada999 wrote: »
    for all the cash they have spent they really should have a better team...Mangala, fernandinho etc are not good enough imo....they need a few more Agueros,Toures and Kompany's imo...look at mourinho, he knew he needed certain positions covered and he went out and paid the dosh for the best..
    I'd be very happy to see Man City sign a few more of those types of players because they are exactly what they don't need.

Yaya Toure is a defensive liability in midfield, he isn't making any effort to track the opposition midfielders. As a result Fernandinho has to operate as the lone midfielder which isn't physically possible. Kompany sees the problem ahead of him and moves forward to compensate leaving a gap in the defense and his partner centre back isolated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

They will need a big rebuild soon enough, I can see Aguero moving on and the quality spine Toure (31), Silva and Kompany (30 next year) will start to decline, some would say Kompany has dropped a level

Fully agree with this I said the same about the utd team the day moyes took over but was laughed out of the utd thread. The key players rio vidic Carrick rvp evra giggs all in or going into decline and the younger players didn't end up being as good as you thought they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

All in all they under achieved in Europe, did okay domestically to be fair, will be interesting to see how they get on without being able to splurge as much as they did during the first building years when they were founded in 2008 :pac:

I made a similar post in United thread. They need major investment next season and if FFP is of any worth then they are in trouble.

At the start of next season Zabaleta will be 30, Sanga 32, Clichy will be 30, Kompany 29, Yaya 32, Fernandinho 30, Navas will be 30 in Nov, Silva 29.

If they field their usual starting 11 then they will have oldest squad in the league.

mada999 wrote: »

City have been building for a while but need to start shopping at the top table now... will FFP allow them now ??

I've read that Mangala cost over 40 million,I can just imagine the Porto owner and execs are just laughing there heads of still at how City spent that much on a disaster of a centre half. I'm a fan of Fernadiniho I think he is a good solid player and a tad somewhat underrated,I'm not sure why he didn't start in midweek against Barca ahead of Fernando.

I'm not quite sure where City lye when it comes to FFP. I'm guessing they'll have to sell before they buy might be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Considering city are owned and sponsored by the same people, and they are wealthy, powerful people, I wouldnt be at all surprised if they found a way around ffp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement