Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Manchester City. 12pm. Sky Sports 1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

When is the last time we have seen Sterling get a run in his best position.

He has done very well for us as a striker, scored about 1 every 2 games, but we need a striker up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

That Man City defence is unbelievable bad. How much did City pay for Mangala ? He looks worse then a Sunday league player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Coutinho best player on pitch

Pool could be four or five up if they had a bit of composure in the box especially Lallana and Sterling - astonishing really considered how knackered they must be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Happy with that. Would be happy if it stayed this way also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Knex. wrote: »
    Done well today and midweek, imo

But but but but the penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

murpho999 wrote: »
    Did you see the City goal.
    Also teams adapt their game and tactics for Europe.

In fairness, both have been pretty disappointing in Europe. The guy is right. It is a clear as day to see why both teams are struggling in tighter matches where tactics are the determining factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Lovren is useless lads, hope we flog him in summer, team has been a nervous wreck since he came back

Agh please has been poor all season but hasn't been poor today people just criticise him for the sake of it

NukaCola wrote: »
    Having a good game. Cut him some slack.

Defensively, he is just about keeping it together. Virtually every pass he has attempted has given over possession. That isn't good enough and you know it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bring on Mario for the winner :) "I wish"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Gary Neville is positively foaming at the mouth in the commentary box and rightly so. The attacking play from both sides has been sharp, it's been inventive but equally both sides defensive shapes have been woeful.

Both are attempting to press to differing degrees but both sides are willing to go long and run the channels and the backlines can't deal with it. Liverpool just stopped pressing the last 15 minutes or so.

As Neville said, this is the reason English sides don't do well in Europe anymore. Defensively they are unstable, and, while their high tempo attacking play causes problems, more often than not the controlled play of European sides can overcome it.

• Advertisement

Defensively, he is just about keeping it together. Virtually every pass he has attempted has given over possession. That isn't good enough and you know it isn't.

I'm a huge critic of him. He has been poor in possession but that is a trait all our CBs have. He has been solid, hasn't made a mistake in his positioning like he usually does, and his decision making has been good. I dont see the reason in slating him when he's doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lovren is useless lads, hope we flog him in summer, team has been a nervous wreck since he came back

Lovren was our best defender in that half

Been generally good the last few games.

Apart from his penalty taking of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Seeing the City goal again and I think Can should have stuck to Dzeko and at least made life difficult for him, he just holds his place on right side of defence and leaves Dzeko for others to sort out. I like the lad but will like him more when playing in midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

garra wrote: »
    Seeing the City goal again and I think Can should have stuck to Dzeko and at least made life difficult for him, he just holds his place on right side of defence and leaves Dzeko for others to sort out. I like the lad but will like him more when playing in midfield

City goal was top class. Not a whole lot could be done about it.

garra wrote: »

Skrtel rushes out just as the ball is played in. Can will never make it even if he knew the pass was coming.

What was can at for the city goal he has to track the run of dezko there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Time for Adam £25m Lallana to step up and give us something in a game that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Hate seeing Sterling selected as our main forward, he's simply not effective being the focal point of the attack

Just on the Man City goal. 9/10 the pass never get through, its blocked or overhit etc. Fantastic through ball and well taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I fancy sturridge or balptelli to get something from citys backline if and when they come on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

djPSB wrote: »

Its the fans natural reaction. When we do it, its amazing attacking brilliance. When the opposition do it, its a defensive **** up.

Fact was, its a great goal from City. I'm sure you can analyse our defensive positioning, reactions, etc, and find a few mistakes, but ultimately, there's not a lot that can be done about goals like that.

Hate seeing Sterling selected as our main forward, he's simply not effective being the focal point of the attack

Sturridge for lalanna will be Brendan's first change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Sturridge for lalanna will be Brendan's first change

I dunno Lalanna is playing well imo. Making clever runs and pressing really well.

I'm a huge critic of him. He has been poor in possession but that is a trait all our CBs have. He has been solid, hasn't made a mistake in his positioning like he usually does, and his decision making has been good. I dont see the reason in slating him when he's doing well.

As I said, he is just about holding it together defensively. It looks like City were targeting him in first 30mins the gaps we exposed down our left have taken the pressure of off him later in the half.

He has conceded possession or put us under unnecessary pressure with virtually every pass. I want to be patient with him but we cannot afford to give City the ball as much as he is.

That takes me onto Mignolet. Virtually every clearance that he has made has resulted in lose possession too.

So much good about the offensive performance again today though. I have been really impressed with Allen and Coutino has been exceptional.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Time for Adam £25m Lallana to step up and give us something in a game that matters.

I bet that's what the lads call him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

djPSB wrote: »

One of our 3 centre halves marking Dzeko may have done something about it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Just on the Man City goal. 9/10 the pass never get through, its blocked or overhit etc. Fantastic through ball and well taken.

All the same, as a defensive player you must always be thinking about the worst case scenario, constantly assuming that this time will be that 1 in 10 time that the pass is perfect.

Lallana hasn't done enough, he hasn't been poor but just hasn't done enough. I'd like to see Sturridge on for Lallana and Sterling taking up his position.

Hmm I think he has been good enough so far though?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

GET YOUR BILLIONS BACK AMERIKAH

As I said, he is just about holding it together defensively. It looks like City were targeting him in first 30mins the gaps we exposed down our left have taken the pressure of off him later in the half.

He has conceded possession or put us under unnecessary pressure with virtually every pass. I want to be patient with him but we cannot afford to give City the ball as much as he is.

That takes me onto Mignolet. Virtually every clearance that he has made has resulted in lose possession too.

So much good about the offensive performance again today though. I have been really impressed with Allen and Coutino has been exceptional.

Surprised to hear that. Thought he's been pretty good on the ball today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I understand it in some games when we wanted more bodies in midfield.

He has to do so much thankless running tho, then when he comes short or into the channels for a ball nobody takes his place in the middle.

It's a fine line but I hope when Sturridge comes on that he can fill this space when Sterling drags em wide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lallana doing fine, i'd be looking at Marko to come off. No problem putting Henderson out wide right.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lallana doing fine, i'd be looking at Marko to come off. No problem putting Henderson out wide right.

Who comes into CM?

Knex. wrote: »
    Surprised to hear that. Thought he's been pretty good on the ball today.

Ergh, makes me wonder if I am completely off the mark now. Every clearance he makes seems to result in us losing possession for me. Maybe I am wrong :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lallana is much better when playing off the striker rather than on the wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Sad

sorryh

Ergh, makes me wonder if I am completely off the mark now. Every clearance he makes seems to result in us losing possession for me. Maybe I am wrong :/

Probably a mix of both so :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lallana hasn't been the worst of our attackers by any means.

I agree but thats a criticism that can be made against any of our CB's. Our distribution from the back is laughable at times.

• Advertisement

Who comes into CM?

Adam £25 million Lallana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He has to score there

sorryh

:pac: Well played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Long ball Manchester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

£25m lads. Big game time. 'Alright' doesn't cut it imo. Show me something.

FFS Lallana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

£25m lads. Big game time. 'Alright' doesn't cut it imo. Show me something.

Easy thing to focus on but Lallana didn't set the price in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lallana with Sturridge syndrome there

City are just hoofing it now?

Chance there :(
    Get Lallana off !!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement