Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Spurs, Capital 1 Cup Final, 4pm k/o, Sky

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

davycc wrote: »
    Well done Chelsea just about deserved on the basis of that second half

I think so. Despite both goals being our own fault overall Chelsea were much better and deserved it.

Shame really as they didn't need this win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Johner wrote: »
    Was Harry Kane playing?

Another poster who missed the first half I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I see Matic doing his best JT impression there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

And so begins Chelsea's dominance of English football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He was anonymous apart from getting the free kick where Erikson hit the bar.

Still a cracking player and talent though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Congratulations to the Chelsea boys on here. Completely deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

He had a relatively quiet game, in comparison to his season. He's allowed that but unfortunately came the wrong time. Although I think it was more 3 people marking him and not being given the ball in the right space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

And so begins Chelsea's dominance of English football.

Yeah...hard to see which teams can challenge them domestically at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Raf32 wrote: »
    Congratulations to the Chelsea boys on here. Completely deserved.
    Unquestionably. Spurs just didn't turn up. Well done to Chelsea.

Yeah...hard to see which teams can challenge them domestically at the moment.

They have unofficially completely the double today,with the result at Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

They have unofficially completely the double today,with the result at Anfield.

Agreed.

It will take a monumental collapse for Chelsea to lose the title from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Nemanja Matic doing a John Terry. All kitted out for the presentation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Martin Tyler can be a bit of a dose with his puns.

Agreed.

It will take a monumental collapse for Chelsea to lose the title from here.

They'll be very close to winning the CL as well I reckon they'll get to the semi - final at least this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Warms me heart :')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Jose leaving a guy hanging :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fair play to Chelsea, they gave a good professional performance today and with Pool's help now look cast-iron favorites for league too. Hope this does not precipitate a period of dominance for you lot though :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Seeing John Terry lifting a trophy and celebrating still sickens me like no other sight in football...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

sabat wrote: »
    Seeing John Terry lifting a trophy and celebrating still sickens me like no other sight in football...
    Even if it sickens you, from a football point of view he deserves it. He is one of the greatest defenders ever in English football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I wouldn't watch the rest of the season then if I was you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

HandyAbleFantail.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Nemanja Matic doing a John Terry. All kitted out for the presentation.

Courtois had the gloves on going up to get the trophy. Maybe in case he dropped it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Trilla wrote: »
    You love that word

Whivh one? Dossier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

You'd better get used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

B_CfJBGWsAIUluP.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

reading sad comments from losers like you sickens me.
    Do you know him personally? Or is he just another random professional figure you've decided to hate for no good reason other than you like to project your own unhappiness and lack of success and self loathing onto someone else, just to make you feel better?

I mean, seriously who in their right mind thinks like that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

reading sad comments from losers like you sickens me.
    Do you know him personally? Or is he just another random professional figure you've decided to hate for no good reason other than you like to project your own unhappiness and lack of success and self loathing onto someone else, just to make you feel better?

I mean, seriously who in their right mind thinks like that??

Hate for no good reason? :pac:

Oh come on, if there's one person in the professional game that there's plenty of reason to have hatred for (with regards to nothing about his footballing ability), it's John Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

SantryRed wrote: »
    Hate for no good reason? :pac:

Oh come on, if there's one person in the professional game that there's plenty of reason to have hatred for (with regards to nothing about his footballing ability), it's John Terry.

That's like anybody for no reason going and saying that they hate Cech, Rooney, Koscielny or Kompany.

You don't know the person, and you only get a limited impression of what they're like from a media source, which is always spun in such a way so as to present them in a light that they want you to see. You have no way of verifying if half the things written about them are true. A few quotes off hand and images that paint a nice picture and you've been played. This applies to any footballer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    That's like anybody for no reason going and saying that they hate Cech, Rooney, Koscielny or Kompany.

You don't know the person, and you only get a limited impression of what they're like from a media source, which is always spun in such a way so as to present them in a light that they want you to see. You have no way of verifying if half the things written about them are true. A few quotes off hand and images that paint a nice picture and you've been played. This applies to any footballer.

Well there was absolutely no spinning the video footage of him obviously racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

Whatever about the Wayne Bridge affair.

Best CB to ever play in the PL for me, but still doesn't mean I have to like him as a person.

Advertisement