Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outgoing Mail

Options
  • 28-02-2015 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

My eircom mail receives mail but isnt sending any mail. Outgoing server is mail2.eircom.net . Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are you on the Eircom network when attempting to send?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

dub45 wrote: »
    Are you on the Eircom network when attempting to send?
    Thanks for replying...2 set ups....an iphone 4 on three.....outlook express on laptop using upc wifi

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Unless you are using a proper imap service which according to the reps here Eircom do not facilitate, you will have to  use the smtp setting of whichever network you are on.  Most people nowadays would be better off using a service like gmail or icloud with imap settings which you can use when you are out and about without any need to adjust smtp settings.

You can set up gmail to collect your eircom email.

UPC:  [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]smtp.upcmail.ie[/font]

Three: mail-relay.3ireland.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

The Orb wrote: »
    My eircom mail receives mail but isnt sending any mail. Outgoing server is mail2.eircom.net . Any suggestions ?
    Hi The Ord

The above advised server settings supplied by Dub45 is spot on. Please change your server settings and that them and everything should be fine

Cheers
    Al

Thanks a lot for the advice...I'll give it a go.
    dub45 wrote: »
    Unless you are using a proper imap service which according to the reps here Eircom do not facilitate, you will have to  use the smtp setting of whichever network you are on.  Most people nowadays would be better off using a service like gmail or icloud with imap settings which you can use when you are out and about without any need to adjust smtp settings.

You can set up gmail to collect your eircom email.

UPC:  [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]smtp.upcmail.ie[/font]

Three: mail-relay.3ireland.ie 

• Advertisement

Hi The Ord

The above advised server settings supplied by Dub45 is spot on. Please change your server settings and that them and everything should be fine

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks for the advice...fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi The Ord

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks for the advice...fingers crossed.
    No worries

Al

Advertisement