Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in Westport

Options
  • 28-02-2015 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Simple as, what providers are in the area and what do people find the coverage like? Am moving up there soon and would look to avoid mobile dongles if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Guy123

At least two operators offering decent fixed wireless in the greater Westport area, 1) Westnet and 2) Croagh Patrick Community Network, a not for profit, community based service. You can find them on the web, and they are always happy to assist anyone in getting online . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

The town of westport or the surrounding area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Town, ended up getting Sky. Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

How is the Sky broadband working out for you? I've Eircom fibre and it's an absolute disaster so need to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

How is the Sky broadband working out for you? I've Eircom fibre and it's an absolute disaster so need to change.

Ordered last Sunday, installed today (as told when I was ordering the package), and was told by the engineer that it can take up to 5 days from installation date for the fibre connection to be activated at the exchange :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Did you ask them to sort it, if you have a problem changing to another provider will not fix it as it's just resold Eircom efibre.

Advertisement