Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacking down of trees in Douglas

Options
  • 28-02-2015 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me why they are knocking down every single tree surrounding the Bloomfield interchange in Douglas.

There was no issue with these trees. They provided an excellent sound and visual barrier between houses rochestown park hotel and the road. It now looks absolutely terrible.

There seems to be a hatred of trees in this country which I simply cannot understand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

due to them falling onto the main rd/slip rd during bad weather ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

What I would like to know is who is stripping the timber fence by the Douglas slip road on the South Ring.Every time I pass there is more of the fence missing.

Is there someone selling kindling around Douglas?:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

scuby wrote: »
    due to them falling onto the main rd/slip rd during bad weather ?

I could be wrong but I don't remember any tree on that road during the storms, the cork mallow road was bad and they have cut them. Was passing rph today- the remains of the trees really look awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Exact same on the Bandon road beyond the Viaduct, hundreds of beautiful Poplar trees chopped down recently, always admired those trees, barren wasteland left, idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

The noise from the road in our estate is now absolutely terrible. I simply cannot fathom the thinking behind this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Health and safety - the catch all for all bureaucratic action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The noise from the road in our estate is now absolutely terrible. I simply cannot fathom the thinking behind this.

Appears to make no sense alright. I can't figure out why they are doing it either. Maybe contact your local councillor and find out why they are doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

whether it's right or wrong is debatable but why is it taking them so long?

I mean those cones have been there for 2 weeks now and any time I drove past them there has been nothing happening, closing an entire lane for weeks just in case the workers actually decide to do some work :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

whether it's right or wrong is debatable but why is it taking them so long?

I mean those cones have been there for 2 weeks now and any time I drove past them there has been nothing happening, closing an entire lane for weeks just in case the workers actually decide to do some work :rolleyes:

They have been working most days that I pass.
    I was hoping that they were going to put another slip lane in...but that might make sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

mik_da_man wrote: »
    They have been working most days that I pass.
    I was hoping that they were going to put another slip lane in...but that might make sense....

Yeah thats the only thing that makes sense but I figured I would have heard about it here if that was the case so I dismissed the thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

its only groups of those types of tree's being cut down (by the viaduct and in bloomfield)

i heard from locals the ones in the viaduct were sold on for mulch so maybe they are removing specific types of trees from the area.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Maybe not related but I heard that a section of Tracton woods got felled due to a disease in the trees. Hardly a similar situation...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I don't know if it's any good to you but there was a type of fencing on tv a while back that reduces noise from the road. It might be worth a google.

Advertisement