Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need more Fan connectors

Options
  • 28-02-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I built my computer in a case that has 3 fans but my Motherboard only has 2 fan connectors, one 3 pin and one 4 pin. All my fans are 3 pin connectors.
    I was wondering if there is a way to get more fan connectors so I can connect all 3 of my fans?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

SimonK3 wrote: »
    I built my computer in a case that has 3 fans but my Motherboard only has 2 fan connectors, one 3 pin and one 4 pin. All my fans are 3 pin connectors.
    I was wondering if there is a way to get more fan connectors so I can connect all 3 of my fans?
    Thanks

You can get splitter cables to run two fans off the one connection, or you can get a molex to 3pin fan connector to connect to the PSU (check the boxes your fans came in if you have them they are often supplied), or you can get a fan controller. The first two options are cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SimonK3

Lu Tze wrote: »
    You can get splitter cables to run two fans off the one connection, or you can get a molex to 3pin fan connector to connect to the PSU (check the boxes your fans came in if you have them they are often supplied), or you can get a fan controller. The first two options are cheaper

Thanks i might get a fan splitter cable then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

SimonK3 wrote: »
    Thanks i might get a fan splitter cable then :D

Yeah, i have a couple of them, working fine. Would normally offer a spare (i have one somewhere) but just moved house and could take days to find!

Good luck with it

Advertisement