Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food & AgriBusiness Management

Options
  • 28-02-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. Looking to do Food & AgriBusiness in UCD. Anyone doing this course or thinking of doing it ? Good course ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Richie185

I did a bachelor of Agricultural Science in UCD in Horticulture, landscape and Sportsturf Management. Graduated in 2013, i know a few people who did it and have jobs now. Its a very good course and can be tough especially in 3rd and 4th year. You should look at youtube video of it too. You can always do the omnibus in first year and then decide to pick exactly what course you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Farmer5

Richie185 wrote: »
    I did a bachelor of Agricultural Science in UCD in Horticulture, landscape and Sportsturf Management. Graduated in 2013, i know a few people who did it and have jobs now. Its a very good course and can be tough especially in 3rd and 4th year. You should look at youtube video of it too. You can always do the omnibus in first year and then decide to pick exactly what course you want to do.
    What was your course like? Hours? Job prospects? Work experience? Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

Hey!
    I am currently in 1st year in Food and Agribusiness management.
    In first year it's very general.
    You'll be in classes with all the people in other agricultural courses.
    You do a lot of sciences and then also a bit of economics.
    There is a module called "Intro to food and agribusiness" which is cool!
    You go to farms and stuff on field trips.

I didn't get food science last year so I went into this course instead which I think is better employment wise as you can get into food processing, food legislation as well as business careers etc.

Advertisement