Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past credit problem

Options
  • 28-02-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. In 2013 my credit card was revoked (I was hit by illness and foolishly let it slide, I have never had any other problems like this previously), and I managed to pay off the balance in mid 2014. I am now completely debt free and I'm earning good money.

I will now spend the next 3-4 years saving for a deposit for a house. Or so my plan goes.

My question is, for how long will lenders be able to see that blot on my credit history?

I keep hearing conflicting figures.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

5 years after the loan is cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 algernonwilde

Trish56 wrote: »
    5 years after the loan is cleared.

Four years saving it is, then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 miterreader

Hi guys myself and a small group of friends are doing this next spring but hope to complete it in two days. We obviously want to travel the shortest route which is 555k apparently but cannot find out what the actual route is. I have tried the various mapping tools and the shortest route I can map is 630k.

Advertisement