Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social skills

Options
  • 28-02-2015 9:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend good social skills training courses (for parent) and / or Dvd's for the child

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

CaraMay wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend good social skills training courses (for parent) and / or Dvd's for the child

Is your child about 2 or 3? If so then Hanen More Than Words. It's a parent focussed course. Your local SLT clinic might run it or you might be able to find it privately.

If you can't find the course you can still buy the book from Amazon

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭branners69

Saw this today, it is a social skills app. Dont know how useful it might be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Lots of free ones here..

http://autismteachingstrategies.com/free-social-skills-downloads-2/

I bought a cheap laminator(was about 30 quid in aldi/lidl iirc)and did some myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tishia05

Incredible Years. you could be referred by community mother or therapist. It's for free and teaches you a lot. My boy has autism but it does help with it too. Shows you how to play with kids.
    He doesn't speak so i bought something like Smidge did on e-bay for 15€(130 items). It's a book with food. you have a plate cup and so on . everything has velcro on back so child sticks onto a plate what they want to eat for example. I also got in touch with lady through e-bay and she will make me all signs I want. I just have to send her a list. If you don't have time it's not that expensive.

Advertisement