Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada v New Zealand

Options
  • 28-02-2015 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I'm in the middle of a WHV in New Zealand and I'm planning to go to Canada in May/Jun.

Just wondering how the place compares to New Zealand.

New Zealand isn't a bad spot but it's isolation is it's biggest draw back. The weather is pretty good here so far and the lifestyle and work environment is pretty laid back.

There's plenty of opportunities here aswel but it is expensive and the salary is not great.

I was planning to go to Toronto but might just head to Vancouver because it's closer to New Zealand. but haven't decide yet!

Has anyone been to both?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pablosbadger

I've been to both (currently live in Toronto).

I guess to summarize:

NZ - Awesome lifestyle (outdoors etc) / not great for career (small market) / really isolated

Toronto - Not great lifestyle (very urban) / awesome for career / 6 hours from Dublin, 1.5-2 hours from NY / Chicago.

All depends on what stage your life is at I guess.

Advertisement