Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Man Creche

Options
  • 28-02-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hi,heading down to Cork City for a few days,looking of ways to pass a bit of time during the day while the better half shops.Any gadget/Tool shops in the city center. Suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Theres a few lap dancing bars in the city??

Nowhere i can think of but maplins is in blackpool. Ive never been in there so dunno how good or big it is but theres a woodies and a few other shops in the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

if you got no man friends from cork you ain't no man at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

there's no mad gadget shops in fact tis something that is needed. If you like browsing through vintage records and that relics and records or mothers johns flea market.. Ohhhh and for good old fashioned computer games like old school call into the shop down by the roundy they have like pots and pans in the window but then they have lots of old console games

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

There's Scott's on North Main St and McQuillan's on Oliver Plunkett St. - both tool shops.

Apple store on Opera Lane. Few tv/hi-fi shops around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Tools? Odd request for a day out!

Maplin is a gadget shop, it's in blackpool, which is near enough. Compu b is on operalane.
    Tools would keep to the industrial estates mainly, although there is a shop on oliver plunket street i think that cuts keys that may have some screwdrivers or something, and carey's tool hire is near alberts quay if you want to hire a cement mixer. :D

Good few bars around that have decent food and show a lot of sports.

Loads of small galleries, some modern stuff as well as historical. The french film festival is on this week. http://corkfrenchfilmfestival.com/ The Gate multiplex cinema is in the city center, often shows films during the day.

On the water, I think Cork sea safari sometimes goes from in front of the clarion. That's zooming off on a power boat, bouncing around the harbour looking for dolphins and seals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jroche13

if you got no man friends from cork you ain't no man at all[/QUOTE

says he who picks a username like that - lol cant imagine how anyone would want to pick sensormatic as a username :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Malari wrote: »
    There's Scott's on North Main St and McQuillan's on Oliver Plunkett St. - both tool shops.

These are the only two I could think of in city centre. Others are in the suburbs.

You could try the new City Bike Scheme. A cycle along the river to the Mardyke and to Fitz's Park maybe?

Have a look in the Crawford Art Gallery - even if you're not looking for culture!

Couple of micro breweries within easy reach too

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Thanks for all the suggestions I suppose an update is in order.
    Made a new Cork friend John in Uneeda Bookshop, a mine of information on music and film.A quiz running on the minute.Flicking through the vinyl and came accross a Mercier Park by the Stargazers used to see them regularly in the Carmel Hotel Kilkenny on a Sunday morning. Coincidentally when I returned to the KK John Spillane of Stargazer fame was playing a gig of a Sunday morning ,got him to sign the LP.Happy days.Martin's model shop on Plunkett street was also interesting.A name on bicycle hire shop sent me looking up a word in the dictionary I couldn't spell, "UBIQUITOUS" = YOU BIKE WITH US Ha Ha.Des Bishop in the Everyman topped it off nicely.We'll be back, cheers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Thank you too;
    - haven't been in the Uneeda for ages. Must pay a visit
    - I've been in Ubikewithus, and pass it regularly,and never spotted the pun.
    - You've reminded me to put my name on the Everyman's mailing list. I've missed a few good events there, reading the reviews too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

jroche13 wrote: »
    if you got no man friends from cork you ain't no man at all[/QUOTE

says he who picks a username like that - lol cant imagine how anyone would want to pick sensormatic as a username :D

:eek: ur 3rd post in 2 years ha ha i love it,,,you have made me wet;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jroche13

I don't see what difference it makes whether its a persons first post or 100th, still equally entitled to make a comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Various places to get a massage to pass a 45 minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

I'm coming back ! Looking forward to seeing John Spillane in the Evermann as recommended by a local establishment. Happy Christmas to the Rebels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

The only shop a real man needs to go to is Bradley's on the North main street and spend some quality time perusing the savage range of craft beers and whiskeys
    Go away to fook with your tools boy

Advertisement