Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mod query

Options
  • 28-02-2015 11:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭

Can a mod who is posting in other forums back seat mod and make personal comments to posters?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

CJ Haughey wrote: »
    Can a mod who is posting in other forums back seat mod and make personal comments to posters?

No, they're just another poster, hit the report button.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

No, they're just another poster, hit the report button.

I did, i reported it a second time in case the first didn't send.

I did, i reported it a second time in case the first didn't send.

Give it 24 Hours after reporting it for it to be acted on, if they're still at it after that then PM the Cmods, if no joy their then off to Help Desk.

boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Give it 24 Hours after reporting it for it to be acted on, if they're still at it after that then PM the Cmods, if no joy their then off to Help Desk.

boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30

It was 3 days ago, if i go pm a cmod wont i be back seat modding now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's not what back seat modding refers to. If a mod doesn't respond, a cmod is the correct escalation point.

• Advertisement

Ah No, it's in the Help Desk Charter actually.....pretty much.
    What DOES this forum handle

Complaints about a moderator action, ban or infraction - ALWAYS PM THE MODERATOR FIRST, to try resolve the situation amicably, like an adult. Feel free to read the full Dispute Resolution Procedure regarding this.
    If you're unhappy with that outcome, then get in touch with that sections CMod.
    If you are still unhappy, then start a thread here, and include as much relevant information as you can.

Any other query or comment about boards.ie which doesn't fit elsewhere

I will pm a cmod, i dont want to pm the mod that made the comment.

I will pm a cmod, i dont want to pm the mod that made the comment.

Yea, the PM a Mod bit in the quote was more for when you've got a warning from a Mod in their own Forum, first step is PM them and see can you sort it. If not then CMOD etc.

Yours is bit different so the report button was your first step and then CMOD etc.

Just make sure you PM an actual active Mod, you can check when someone was last online on their profile page...well most pages show it, the odd one doesn't. Or when they Posted last.

Or tick the read receipt box when sending the PM (so you'll know when it's opened)...to late telling ya this now but you'll know for again if you didn't know it was there now.

All 3 cmods are active regularly, ill pm the cmod now on Monday leave the weekend pass.
    Thanks for the info and what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Where a poster is concerned that a reported post has not been actioned, a PM directly to the forum mods should be your first step.

If you receive no response to your PM - then contact a CMod. There are many, many reported posts made on a daily basis. If the CMods were the first point of call in this instance we would be inundated with such issues.

• Advertisement

Where a poster is concerned that a reported post has not been actioned, a PM directly to the forum mods should be your first step.

If you receive no response to your PM - then contact a CMod. There are many, many reported posts made on a daily basis. If the CMods were the first point of call in this instance we would be inundated with such issues.

Na, if they were gonna do anything they would have, so they see nothing wrong with the comment in question.

Advertisement