Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

michael shields road race Broadford.

Options
  • 28-02-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what are the positions for one to get points in the A4 category? 1-8?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stoaty

I wonder will this race go ahead on Saturday 3rd March 2018
    A4 race scheduled to go off at 9.20am
    A bit early, considering the expected conditions and distances some will have to travel, could affect numbers
    Putting off to the afternoon would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Any info on sign on location/time etc for A1/2 race. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭NCW13

A4/M40 sign on 8am to 9am. Start 9.20

Ladies / M50 /M60. Start 9.25am

A1/2/3/Jnr. Sign on 9.30am to 10.45am
    Start 11am.

Broadford. Co.Limerick. 7 miles from NCW. Sign on village hall.

More info: ncwknights@mail.com

NCW13 wrote: »
    A4/M40 sign on 8am to 9am. Start 9.20

Ladies / M50 /M60. Start 9.25am

A1/2/3/Jnr. Sign on 9.30am to 10.45am
    Start 11am.

Broadford. Co.Limerick. 7 miles from NCW. Sign on village hall.

What the weather like for Bradford over next few days. Hope it can go ahead and that sensible decision is made if any doubts

Keeping an eye on forecast. Looks ok for Saturday. But it could all change again , so keep an eye out here and on Facebook for updates.

• Advertisement

Race has been deferred to March 24th. Weather too uncertain for this Saturday.

The event will now take place on March 24th. The distance of the A1/2/3/J race will be increased as the event takes place one week before the Easter Stage races. Confirmation later this week of the exact distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

The event will now take place on March 24th. The distance of the A1/2/3/J race will be increased as the event takes place one week before the Easter Stage races. Confirmation later this week of the exact distance.

Farrihy route, or flat?

Flat route. Riders voted at sign on over the past three years. 200 plus on flat circuit, 80 for hilly circuit.
    Riders seemingly have little appetite for a hilly circuit. Eddie Dunbar told me it was his favourite circuit. Several comm's suggested it as a National's Circuit. Timmy Barry loved it. Yet, all of the texts and emails I receive now are from riders saying they will only ride the flat circuit. 
    From an organisational point of view the flat circuit avoids the village and needs ten less stewards. So it makes a lot of sense to us to use the flat circuit from a logistical perspective. As we are using the flat circuit we will make the main race over 100km.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Flat route. Riders voted at sign on over the past three years. 200 plus on flat circuit, 80 for hilly circuit.
    Riders seemingly have little appetite for a hilly circuit. Eddie Dunbar told me it was his favourite circuit. Several comm's suggested it as a National's Circuit. Timmy Barry loved it. Yet, all of the texts and emails I receive now are from riders saying they will only ride the flat circuit. 
    From an organisational point of view the flat circuit avoids the village and needs ten less stewards. So it makes a lot of sense to us to use the flat circuit from a logistical perspective. As we are using the flat circuit we will make the main race over 100km.

Sorry, do you mean Eddie & Timmy loved the hilly circuit? or the flat one?

Will the A4 race also be lengthened?

Im originally from nearish Newcastle West, just out of interest would you mind sharing the hilly route? (extra training option when home :) )

• Advertisement

Eddie and Timmy loved the Hilly Circuit. Michael O' Loughlin a big fan too.
    A4 race will be around 60k. Small increase at most.
     Drop an email to ncwknights@mail.com and I will email the circuit to you.

Eddie and Timmy loved the Hilly Circuit. Michael O' Loughlin a big fan too.
    A4 race will be around 60k. Small increase at most.
     Drop an email to ncwknights@mail.com and I will email the circuit to you.

An extra lap for A4,s maybe 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

The hilly circuit is a great race, hard like it should be. Too many happy to take the soft option unfortunately.

Due to the late unavailability of the race HQ in Broadford we have moved the race to a new circuit in Rathkeale. Race HQ has moved to Rathkeale House Hotel. Race circuit is 18k and is flat. Out of town with no villages,etc on the route. 1k from start / finish to circuit. Sign on 9am to 10.30am. 11am start. A1,2,3,jnr is 110k. A4 /M40 is 74k and Ladies /M50 plus is 56k. More details on Newcastle West Knights Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Due to the late unavailability of the race HQ in Broadford we have moved the race to a new circuit in Rathkeale. Race HQ has moved to Rathkeale House Hotel. Race circuit is 18k and is flat. Out of town with no villages,etc on the route. 1k from start / finish to circuit. Sign on 9am to 10.30am. 11am start. A1,2,3,jnr is 110k. A4 /M40 is 74k and Ladies /M50 plus is 56k. More details on Newcastle West Knights Facebook page.

A4/M40 race starting later now too? Was an earlier start.

Sign on for all races from 9am to 10.30. All races to start between 11am and 11.10am.

Advertisement