Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 1), Mar 6-7, 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

gimmick wrote: »
    No, but it does include a discount on all European games.

Another advantage is if you have a reserved seat, it is reserved for those games as well. Previously it was only reserved for league games.

The reserved seat costs 50quid extra.

Tbh I have never qued more then 1 minute for a ticket to any game. Last season even for the Pats and Dundalk games no more then 30 seconds of hanging around I say.

Its still great to see so many getting them.

It promises to be good season imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

uch wrote: »
    Where did you hear this Dreamers ?
    St Patrick's Ath @stpatsfc · 4h 4 hours ago
    We have received small number of additional away tickets for Friday's game. They are adult tickets & available on 1st come, 1st served basis

annndddddd
    St Patrick's Ath @stpatsfc · 2h 2 hours ago
    We've now sold our 2nd allocation of tickets. Once again, apologies to those who haven't been able to get one

Gone.

Derek Foran 33/1 to score 1st tonight.

Decent odds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Decent odds.

Considering there's seven players out suspended including all the Brennans, it could well be an unusual scorer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

dfx- wrote: »
    Considering there's seven players out suspended including all the Brennans, it could well be an unusual scorer.....

This rule ****ing grinds me every year. It's a farce!

Starting the new season without all the top players playing, because they picked up their 4th yellow of the season in the 33rd match?

**** off Fai.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The fact that it's 4 yellows over the whole season is a joke in itself.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

It's decimated our midfield and our only decent keeper. TV game will be even more cagey now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

SantryRed wrote: »
    This rule ****ing grinds me every year. It's a farce!

Starting the new season without all the top players playing, because they picked up their 4th yellow of the season in the 33rd match?

**** off Fai.
    The fact that it's 4 yellows over the whole season is a joke in itself.

The rules have changed for this season, so the first suspension won't be triggered until 5 yellow cards. Apparently it was changed to 4 for the short seasons in 2002-2003 and 2003 in the changeover to summer football and they just weren't changed back until now.

Rather than raising it to 5 across the board, I'd prefer to keep it at 4 at the start and then apply the yellow card amnesty rule that they have in some other leagues. Around the halfway point, the amount needed gets doubled and then there's a ban for every 4 yellow cards thereafter. So, it continues to penalise players who rack up yellows early on, but not those who have their yellows spread across the season.

The carrying over of suspensions will continue, though, and that's a far more ridiculous rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    The rules have changed for this season, so the first suspension won't be triggered until 5 yellow cards. Apparently it was changed to 4 for the short seasons in 2002-2003 and 2003 in the changeover to summer football and they just weren't changed back until now.

Rather than raising it to 5 across the board, I'd prefer to keep it at 4 at the start and then apply the yellow card amnesty rule that they have in some other leagues. Around the halfway point, the amount needed gets doubled and then there's a ban for every 4 yellow cards thereafter. So, it continues to penalise players who rack up yellows early on, but not those who have their yellows spread across the season.

The carrying over of suspensions will continue, though, and that's a far more ridiculous rule.

Careful there with all that logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

20 seconds into the new season and we already have the first contribution to the FAI's coffers fine by Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wind ruining any chance of a match breaking out in Tallaght.

Will probably be another poor advert for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Nice finish. But why go long in to such a strong headwind? The keeper was picking the ball out of his own net within seconds of his own goal kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Shams are in full control here. Can see them winning by 2 or 3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Cabinteely lead 1-0 against Youths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cabinteely lead 1-0 against Youths.

Scenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I was hoping we might get a Tony O'Donoghue feature on Cabinteely this Monday, but he's in Tallaght.

Did the game sell out? The Youths' website claimed it was going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Wind has this game ruined tonight, expect Pats to take full advantage in the second half - 3-2 Pats

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Oat23 wrote: »
    Did the game sell out? The Youths' website claimed it was going to.

Big crowd anyway. Fireworks and smoke machines as the players came out!

Crowd of 500 according to ET. If they manage to win tonight, it'll help keeping at least some of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Galway leading 1-0. Oji scores on his debut. Header from a corner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Not a great game in Tallaght. Wind is a massive hindrance. Kilduff having a 'mare.

Chambers looks to be playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

They were never going to go to the trouble when there was two Dublin sides playing each other on their doorstep, but ourselves v Cork looks a much better game on paper.

We have 5 or 6 debutants and a crowd of (hopefully) around 3000 optimistic fans. Cork have Liam Miller debuting.

Didn't McGuinness only just come on? That's harsh. Hamstring is always a tricky one.

Danny North fairly packs a few pounds doesn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Didn't McGuinness only just come on? That's harsh. Hamstring is always a tricky one.

He's quite fond of your Username

Galway concede two in the second half and lose 1-2:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great save onto the bar at the death by Craig Hyland to deny Pat's. Rovers worth the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Galway concede two in the second half and lose 1-2:(

As a Derry fan delighted with an away win to start the season, as really believe its going to be a long hard year for us.

Cabinteely top of the first division :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Hearing Simon Dixon suffered a bad injury. Anyone any details on how he's doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Very windy in Dundalk as well. Not a great game although our goal was really well worked. We went close three or four times in the second half to getting the killer second goal (including an Andy Boyle header which nearly broke teh crossbar) but Longford held on and for the final five minutes bombarded our goal and came close two or three times to getting an equalizer.

McMillan had a bit of a mare up front in the Hoban role. Nothing stuck and it just wasn't his night. Not the best performance from the Champs but job done (just about).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

NIMAN wrote: »
    As a Derry fan delighted with an away win to start the season, as really believe its going to be a long hard year for us.
    How we lost that game i dont know, ye were diabolical in the first half. Ye improved in the second and we just faded badly, the weather didnt help either side but we should never have lost that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dan1895 wrote: »
    Hearing Simon Dixon suffered a bad injury. Anyone any details on how he's doing?

Looked unconscious coming off. The French lad is a horrible horrible player. One player with a broken nose and another unconscious both from his head. Dirt.

Scored a decent goal and worked very hard tonight.

Wind completely destroyed the game but we adapted to it better.Thought Pats would have taken advantage of it more in second half.

Still don't think we'll win the league this year but Cregg, Fahey and McPahil/Brennan are going to be a serious midfield.

Good buzz too: about 5000 at it I'd say. Pats in good voice and decent numbers, to be fair.

Rovers way better than us at Kick ball hard, kick player hard.

Shame we have nothing to offer other than pass out wide, fair play to rovers didnt miss those 5 players who are suspended and prolly wont get in the 1st 11. Lucky they only kids and playing for free.
    anncoates wrote: »
    Wind completely destroyed the game but we adapted to it better.Thought Pats would have taken advantage of it more in second half.

Fairly sure we will never ever take advantage of wind as long as bucko is manager. He doesnt do kick ball hard.

Rovers way better than us at Kick ball hard, kick player hard.

Youse dished it out more. You got 4 bookings to our 1.

Fairly sure we will never ever take advantage of wind as long as bucko is manager. He doesnt do kick ball hard.

Remember Mahon doing it in Tallaght. Playing ball was impossible tonight, especially wide. I think the wind was worse in the first half though.

Youse dished it out more. You got 4 bookings to our 1.

LOI refs clearly know what they are doing, did you player die in the 89th minute... looked like it?

Remember Mahon doing it in Tallaght. Playing ball was impossible tonight, especially wide. I think the wind was worse in the first half though.

I bet you wish there was more pats fans there to enjoy your moment.......

Enjoyed my 76 trip home tho got to school 2 "ultras" in the area of respect for you elders :D

LOI refs clearly know what they are doing, did you player die in the 89th minute... looked like it?

I bet you wish there was more pats fans there to enjoy your moment.......

Enjoyed my 76 trip home tho got to school 2 "ultras" in the area of respect for you elders :D

Take your beats and have a beer. :pac:

Take your beats and have a beer. :pac:

ah now.....when we get beat by a better team i always take my oil.

but its them ***** and they not better.

So yeah.

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Not that it effected the result but the Cabinteely pitch is awful, something to watch out for

B_cp71JXAAAAqqB.jpg

• Advertisement

ah now.....when we get beat by a better team i always take my oil.

but its them ***** and they not better.

So yeah.

Nope.

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/w540/Library/SF382/970715.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Hit the cross bar against Dundalk in the dying seconds,would have been a nice point!we have nothing to fear this year and that was with our top goal scorer starting on the bench due to a knock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Not that it effected the result but the Cabinteely pitch is awful, something to watch out for

B_cp71JXAAAAqqB.jpg

That is a disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

howiya wrote: »
    Haven't been to a game in years and I've decided to return this year (at least at the start of the season) for various reasons. The main reason is that having been abroad and telling the natives they should be supporting their own domestic soccer I feel I should be doing the same.

Checked out ticket info there and €15 is hardly value for money for a first division game?

I'll still go along on Friday night but considering you can get into Croke Park for €10 the following night and see two top flight games it would seem that the League or its clubs (not sure who sets prices) have got it wrong.

Not long in. Shels 0 Finn Harps 0

Enjoyed the game itself but couldn't help noticing all the negatives.

Shels have no sponsor on the jersey. Not sure if that is just temporary but they mentioned all the associate sponsors over the PA at half time. No squad numbers or names on shirts. If you miss the team announcement you're goosed. Although I found it on Twitter so at least it's somewhere.

No updates on Twitter, no half time or full time score. Maybe the match is still going on...

Also on the topic of sponsors, the advertising boards around the side of the pitch are in bits. Some half covered, some falling apart. EA Sports are advertising FIFA 14.

No scoreboard. Not that they needed one to count the goals that weren't scored but it might be useful for people to know how long is left or gone…

The programme has the usual player sponsors page. Headshots of the players and their sponsor listed underneath. Some of the players who are on loan are pictured in their Shamrock Rovers gear. Surely someone could have taken a picture of them in a Shels top.

No mention of the attendance so I'm unable to tell you how many were there.

The Chairman in his programme address says that "running a League of Ireland football club is a business".

It certainly doesn't have the appearance or feel of a professional business.

But all in all, am I glad I went? Yes

Will I go again? Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not long in. Shels 0 Finn Harps 0

Enjoyed the game itself but couldn't help noticing all the negatives.

Shels have no sponsor on the jersey. Not sure if that is just temporary but they mentioned all the associate sponsors over the PA at half time. No squad numbers or names on shirts. If you miss the team announcement you're goosed. Although I found it on Twitter so at least it's somewhere.

No updates on Twitter, no half time or full time score. Maybe the match is still going on...

Also on the topic of sponsors, the advertising boards around the side of the pitch are in bits. Some half covered, some falling apart. EA Sports are advertising FIFA 14.

No scoreboard. Not that they needed one to count the goals that weren't scored but it might be useful for people to know how long is left or gone…

The programme has the usual player sponsors page. Headshots of the players and their sponsor listed underneath. Some of the players who are on loan are pictured in their Shamrock Rovers gear. Surely someone could have taken a picture of them in a Shels top.

No mention of the attendance so I'm unable to tell you how many were there.

The Chairman in his programme address says that "running a League of Ireland football club is a business".

It certainly doesn't have the appearance or feel of a professional business.

But all in all, am I glad I went? Yes

Will I go again? Yes
    The sponsorship thing should be sorted in the short-term as far as I know.

Most of the other things just come down to a lack of resources, because it is hard to run a business without being able to pay non-playing staff. We are heavily reliant on volunteers unfortunately.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I think rovers are the only team in the league to have a scoreboard, and that's a relatively new addition IIRC

Jesus Cabinteely. #greatestleagueintheworld

Looking forward to the trip down to Limerick tomorrow, love the first game of the season.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

We've put in two scoreboards in my time following the rovers. No one remembers to start the clock for the second half so its a bit useless.

You need to find someone who always sets a stopwatch. There'll be a few in every ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

I think rovers are the only team in the league to have a scoreboard, and that's a relatively new addition IIRC

Jesus Cabinteely. #greatestleagueintheworld

Looking forward to the trip down to Limerick tomorrow, love the first game of the season.

We have a scoreboard in ccs in longford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Da fuq would anyone need a scoreboard for? You either know the score or you shouldn't be there! Dundalk had one last year.pile of poo and when it was taken away after a trial run nobody complained - not one complained

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

We have a family tradition of always arriving 5/6 minutes late. If we had scored we would have heard as we walked over. The scoreboard was handy if we had conceded though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Sligo 1-22 Rover 1-21

Get out of here

• Advertisement
Advertisement